FFXIII-3 Announced

firedude750

Although it's not officially named "FFXIII-3", it is called "Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII" and is going to be a sequel to the first two. It promises a bunch of new features, including an open world and improved gameplay. Link here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/01/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-announced . So what do you guys think?

Eh, whatever. The franchise jumped the shark years ago, in my opinion. I'd rather go back and play a SNES Final Fantasy and spend my $60 on something else. I'm not saying that people won't buy it, that people won't love it, and that people won't eagerly be looking forward to it. I'm just saying I'm not one of them.

The franchise jumped the shark years ago, in my opinion.

Saying that something 'jumped the shark' jumped the shark a while ago.

Where is FF Versus 13? That's the only 13 one that actually looked good.

Are you kidding? If FF13 was Nomura masturbating, Versus 13 looked like full-on autofellatio.

Oh, for f-

I may not be the biggest final fantasy fan, but I am without a doubt the most patient final fantasy fan. And right now my patience is running thin.

Agreed. At this point, I'd rather boot up my PS1 and toss 6, 7, 9 or Tactics into it.

I mean, I guess I can't outright say that it's going to be bad - they could manage to pull a decent game out of it. But I'm all about story when it comes to my RPGs, and if it's even vaguely drawing from 13 or 13-2, do not want.

Crisis Core was arguably better than FFVII, and like Mirby said, was released at the height of the PSP's popularity - in fact, I'd argue that the PSP's popularity at the time was caused by Crisis Core.

Maybe you should actually, you know, play games before you disparage them.

Crisis Core was arguably better than FFVII, and like Mirby said, was released at the height of the PSP's popularity - in fact, I'd argue that the PSP's popularity at the time was caused by Crisis Core.

That's possible, like how most of the early adopters of the PS3 did so because of the FF7 tech demo

Maybe you should actually, you know, play games before you disparage them.

I didn't disparage it, I just did not mention it or even think of it.

That's possible, like how most of the early adopters of the PS3 did so because of the FF7 tech demo

I didn't disparage it, I just did not mention it or even think of it.

Hey Brandon, big fan. *shameless fan moment*

Well you didn't intentionally slam it I'm sure but it is a great game with an ending that deserves an oscar so not all the spin offs are bad. For the record I'm also a fan of Dirge of Cerberus even if it had some big gameplay flaws.

So far the logic seems to follow that sequels are bad, if not spinoffs, while XIII-2 made...improvements in some places it suffers a bunch of deficits.

Though considering the latest one is a spin-off and not XIII-3 that features solely Lightning, a dull drab character who bores me to tears, I'll give it a miss. Square Enix has messed it's fans about lately anyway and I was skeptical about buying XIII-2 anyway so think I'll just give up on supporting the XIII franchise and just wait for something with no trace of Lightning or Hope.

The second they release a Sazh/Snow based spinoff though I'd buy it.

I never played Crisis Core.
You're really missing out on something, Brandon. It's one of the best games not just published, but actually developed by Squeenix.

Plus, I'm sure you, of all people, would really enjoy

. :wink:
I'd argue that the PSP's popularity at the time was caused by Crisis Core.
Yeah, with more than 3 millions units sold worldwide, this game clearly helped drive PSP sales for a while.

You're really missing out on something, Brandon. It's one of the best games not just published, but actually developed by Squeenix.

Yeah, with more than 3 millions units sold worldwide, this game clearly helped drive PSP sales for a while.

I'm partial to

myself; always have been.

But yeah, CC is worth checking out.

Also, for the record, LR:FF13 isn't a spinoff. It's still *technically* XIII-3, and should be treated as such.

Personally, I think the reason it's not blatantly named XIII-3 is because they swore there wasn't gonna be one, and *technically* there still isn't. At least, in name.

At the risk of sounding controversial as usual, I tried to get a PSP emulator once but I don't think they exist. I would have loved to play Crisis Core. If anyone wants to let me borrow their PSP / game combo that would be great. Mail it to me, and I'll mail it back. Insure it of course and package it well. Should be fine. You can find me address here but let me know in advance, also I'll make you 3 remixes of your choice (nothing ridiculously hard please)

I vaguely remember seeing some of the ending on youtube, might have been like the one flashback scene in the original FF7. But yeah I don't remember, I'd love to play it but no way can I afford a PSP or the game, especially now that the PSP isn't even fresh anymore (Vita incoming)

Or will they port it to the PSN? That'd get me.

At the risk of sounding controversial as usual, I tried to get a PSP emulator once but I don't think they exist. I would have loved to play Crisis Core. If anyone wants to let me borrow their PSP / game combo that would be great. Mail it to me, and I'll mail it back. Insure it of course and package it well. Should be fine. You can find me address here but let me know in advance, also I'll make you 3 remixes of your choice (nothing ridiculously hard please)

I vaguely remember seeing some of the ending on youtube, might have been like the one flashback scene in the original FF7. But yeah I don't remember, I'd love to play it but no way can I afford a PSP or the game, especially now that the PSP isn't even fresh anymore (Vita incoming)

Or will they port it to the PSN? That'd get me.

Honestly, I would. I really would. But I have too many games to play on it right now. Birth by sleep, ghost of sparta, peace walker, valkyria chronicals 2, ff4 complete collection all need to be beat before I give it up. I would much rather just buy you one for keeps. But right now, I've just started my post-graduation employment as a nuclear med tech and I'm $20,000 in debt. If you go maybe half a year and you still don't have a chance to get into it, shoot me a message and I should have the finances to set you up with something.