Karoke Night (Album; Needs remixers, singers, lyricists)

Powerstars

cooltext754891190.png

1. Introduction

Y'all know brentalfloss? He adds lyrics to video game music. I've always thought that was a cool concept, and so I started writing some lyrics. Then I had an idea: Why not start a project where other people can share this joy? But wait: Some people don't have a microphone or aren't confident in their voice. And some aren't all that great at writing tunes. Simple solution: Some people will write, but not sing, and some people will sing and not write. And, this is OCRemix, isn't it? So we need some people to remix these tracks to certain genres. If done right, it can really bring out the vocal performance as well. So, there's step one. As with every concept, we'll need to set some...

2. Rules

The songs can be any genre. Rock, Jazz, Ska, Metal, Techno, Rap, etc. They can also be from any game. Lyrics wise, any content is acceptable. It can be somber, or a drug trip of laughter. If you want to write lyrics for a song someone mixed, or if you wanna sing a song someone wrote lyrics to, or whatever, it is your responsibility to work that out with the remixer/lyricist/writer. You can send a draft of a song to me, and it will okay it for the final version. The final album will have 13 tracks. If you're writing lyrics, make sure what the person is singing at what time is clear. Provide a link where we can listen to the original song online. The written lyrics should make it clear where to sing what. Allow me to demonstrate

0:13 - YEAH YEAH YEAH

0:17 - OH BABEH!

0:22 - WHOOPIDY DO!

This way, the singer will know what to sing, and when. This does not apply if you're singing your own song.

3. Jobs

Only really one if you don't count writing lyrics, singing, remixing, etc... I need an album cover. Nothing fancy, just something with video game characters and the title "Karaoke Night."

4. Current Track-listing

Possible Songs:

-Mayor's Meeting from Majora's Mask (Needs an arranger)

-Cacti Area from Kirby's Return To Dreamland (Needs vocalist and arranger)

-Waiting Room from SSBB (Needs vocalist and arranger)

Alright, so are ya ready?

Edited by Powerstars

• 2 months later...

Well, I see no one's really bitten yet, but I think this is a cool idea - like a vocal album themed around new collaborations. Even if the album doesn't materialize, I think the site could use more vocal collaborations. I personally have heard some nice remixes on this site that I would love to rap over. Here are some ideas (although I'd undoubtedly need to get in touch with the original remixer):

Elegy of the Solipsist (http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02381/) - I would rap on this in a heartbeat; I've actually thought about it. I'm thinking of a playful but bittersweet love song, Link to Marin, about how he loves her but ultimately knows (spoilers) she isn't real and will disappear if he awakens the Wind Fish

The Life and Death of the Mario Brothers (http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02062/) - sick beat, this would be standard rap braggadocio

Insecta Robotica (

) - no ideas, but I've always liked this remix, nice beat

(Additionally, I would be interested in writing a reggae song about Mario, although I can't think of an existing remix that would work. If someone could work on a Super Mario Sunshine beat with me, I have some lyrics for that as well.)

Also, just a thought: I don't know, but it seems to me that writers couldn't just write lyrics and give times when to deliver them - there's a lot in the delivery that's hard to convey in writing. Perhaps the writers could do their own shitty performance and send the audio to the real singer, who can get the feeling from the audio and then blow it away?

• 1 month later...
Well, I see no one's really bitten yet, but I think this is a cool idea - like a vocal album themed around new collaborations. Even if the album doesn't materialize, I think the site could use more vocal collaborations. I personally have heard some nice remixes on this site that I would love to rap over. Here are some ideas (although I'd undoubtedly need to get in touch with the original remixer):

Elegy of the Solipsist (http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02381/) - I would rap on this in a heartbeat; I've actually thought about it. I'm thinking of a playful but bittersweet love song, Link to Marin, about how he loves her but ultimately knows (spoilers) she isn't real and will disappear if he awakens the Wind Fish

The Life and Death of the Mario Brothers (http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02062/) - sick beat, this would be standard rap braggadocio

Insecta Robotica (

) - no ideas, but I've always liked this remix, nice beat

(Additionally, I would be interested in writing a reggae song about Mario, although I can't think of an existing remix that would work. If someone could work on a Super Mario Sunshine beat with me, I have some lyrics for that as well.)

Also, just a thought: I don't know, but it seems to me that writers couldn't just write lyrics and give times when to deliver them - there's a lot in the delivery that's hard to convey in writing. Perhaps the writers could do their own shitty performance and send the audio to the real singer, who can get the feeling from the audio and then blow it away?

Thanks for supporting the idea. I do hope someone "bites." Anyways, I agree on the writers doing the crappy performance thing, although if they don't have a mic, they'd be shit outta luck.

I'm also trying to do a vocalist collaboration with my Tears of the Moon: A Majora's Mask MusicalSource. I love this idea you have and was wondering if I could use one of my tracks that I'm working on for Tears? I can write lyrics and sing, the only thing I'll need help on is the music. I was thinking of the Mayor's Meeting theme Source

I'm also trying to do a vocalist collaboration with my Tears of the Moon: A Majora's Mask MusicalSource. I love this idea you have and was wondering if I could use one of my tracks that I'm working on for Tears? I can write lyrics and sing, the only thing I'll need help on is the music. I was thinking of the Mayor's Meeting theme Source

Of course you can be a part! We'll make a list of songs that we need arrangements to, so that we can have a better album.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I can do some production and mixing, but I'm a lyricist that specializes in double-time(think twista or bone thugs-n-harmony) style rhymes.

Great! We need some mixers. Also, feel free to write some lyrics. Use any songs you want, I could sing on a few. Is it possible you can give me a demo recording so I know how to sing it?