OCR01422 - Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker "Hyrule Wimbledon"

djpretzel

Excellent production, arrangement--altogether a very solid track.

If I had to give one gripe, it's that I didn't find the material to be too recognizable. I wish some of the themes stood out a bit more.

Other than that, it's good, jazzy, wholesome, fun.

Loved it, excellent sounds, even the sax - for a fake. You could tell they weren't really being played live, but it wasn't in a way that jumped out and smacked me in the face. Great jazzy feel, especially loved the percussion. Also, didn't hear the hiss DJP mentioned at all, and that's over a nice set of cans, so perhaps why the judges failed to mention it ;)

I love remixes like these. You listen to it, get in the groove, and then you hear the source material and think "Shit, I can't believe someone did the song like this! Awesome!"

This is indeed the hotness. Very intelligent and well thought out way of using the source material, and yes, the percussion does rock. The general variation throughout the piece keeps it fresh and able to hold up to repeated listens. Nice name too, cool game reference. OMG make more plz.

Hey KirbySSB, it's from a track called "Phantom Ganon" which, as explained in the writeup, is kind of transcendent theme going all the way back to Zelda 3. It's the theme that comes on every time you have to use your sword to reflect Ganon's energy blasts back at him (hence the title, "Hyrule Wimbledon").

Hope that clears things up!

This took me a while to ease into, but once I did ... smooth sailing, my friend. This would have been even better if played live by a band, but that's a minor gripe. The arrangement of the source tune makes me think this would fit perfectly into an episode of Get Smart or something along those lines. Awesome work ktriton, even if I can't pronounce your name.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Oh man this came up on the roulette and I was like "oh hey I remember this song being pretty cool" and onto my mp3 player it went. It came up in the middle of class and I was all dance dance happy times and stuff! Seriously sexy percussion there. Sax is fake-ish, but it does NOT detract from the piece as a whole.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

When I first saw the track title, It made me think of some sortof Mario Tennis but featuring the Zelda Characters. Maybe Overhead Smash Brothers? :<

Really fun with lots o percussion, it was interesting to hear all the drums in a distinct room sound. I'm just so used to hearing drums right up in my grill, ya know?

The sax sound is a little synthy for my taste, but it's very well treated, and sounds very natural, if that makes sense. Plenty of attention to velocity and modulation.

Overall a great party track, I'd feel more inclined to mingle with this playing. :-D

• 9 months later...

I'll admit that I have no idea what Latin jazz has to do with tennis, but I ain't complainin' :<

This is just a really fun piece with a mischevious streak in it. It's fairly lighthearted yet with a darker feel underlying this. During some parts, especially during the intro, I just want to sing along "Jeepers creepers..."

Texturally, there's a fair amount going on and it has a very nice experimental and live performance feel. This is definitely a must have for any jazz, Zelda, or any good music fan.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01422 - Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker "Hyrule Wimbledon"