OCR01423 - EarthBound "SnowBound"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Extremely beaty. This is just really fun to listen to and totally danceable. But then, what bLiNd tracks arent? ;) I loved the melody, the bass did it's job and the beat was constant. Kudos on the ultra-smooth loss of tempo near the end. The ending itself is what left me wondering though, as the track could have ended at 3:56 and it would have been just fine. The dragging synth kind of threw me off after the infernal beat, kinda feels like the music has to stretch itself for the sake of lasting a little longer. Great track nonetheless. 9/10

• 5 weeks later...

Damn I really like this song. Doesn't really remind me of Earthbound, but I thought it was a really cool take on a song I did like from the game. It sounds like something that could have been in SSBM on the Earthbound stages. I had been wanting to hear some trance lately too. I think my favorite part of this song is how it ends with the bells and the "post-wake up" Hotel song. V. good stuff, Mr. bLiNd.

• 1 year later...
Damn I really like this song. Doesn't really remind me of Earthbound, but I thought it was a really cool take on a song I did like from the game. It sounds like something that could have been in SSBM on the Earthbound stages. I had been wanting to hear some trance lately too. I think my favorite part of this song is how it ends with the bells and the "post-wake up" Hotel song. V. good stuff, Mr. bLiNd.

I agree. This is a great music, even great to listen over and over. I can't get tired of it ^^ <3 O.o A+ a must listen!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Awesome awesome song we have here! The opening was a humungous attention getter that kept me tapping throughout the entire song. I love the effective wintery sound of it without the use of those standard jingle bells. Don't get me wrong. The bells are baller, but they shouldn't be in every winter-themed song.

The more "down to earthbound" finisher was a nice way to tap it out.

Pro skills going on here.

• 2 months later...

Well I suppose there's not much new to say here, 'cuz to me, and to so many other people that agree, this mix is definitely one of those that can be set on repeat for a week and I'd still not be tired of it.

While I can't figure out exactly where each part is from (I've played it, it's familiar, but it's been awhile), that won't make me skip this track anytime soon.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow.

This is just...

I don't even have any words for this.

What made you think to do something like this?

It's just amazing.

This track gets your attention from beginning to end (albeit, the end lacks a bit compared to the rest). I definitely won't be skipping this track any time soon.

• 1 month later...

The way this starts, I can almost imagine bLiNd literally throwing a trance bomb our way, expanding upon explosion. Nice and in your face. (Is that an oxymoron? No matter.) I like the sparkly chirps at 0:39, 0:49, and elsewhere as they cheerfully say hello at key points on the driving beat. Momentum stays thick and constant, plowing through even the more serious section of Snowman (1:23 and 2:45) like it's hurrying across Winters for fear of frostbite. What it lacks in finesse it makes up for in intensity. At 3:12, the wind dies down and the threat of freezing to death isn't as dire, and Winters Wake Up Call presents a much needed repose. A fitting outro compositionally, although the feel of it leaves a little something to be desired.

Put another way, Snowbound tastes like a powdered donut: prominently sweet and sugary, but it's that initial, immediate rush of awesome I crave when I'm absorbing the basic filling at the end.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

So this was 2005 and it sounds as fresh as fallen snow way ahead of its time...all most too far ahead of it's time. Which leaves me with 2 possibilities 1) bLiNd is a time traveler and goes back in time to taking all the great music from the future and sharing it with us a-la Marty Mcfly or 2) He is/was/will continue to be just a really great musician. I think we all know the answer so, thank you for this Remix, from whatever age/dimension you hail from, you magnificent musical maven!

Man, this song...

I can distinctly remember where I heard this song first, and it wasn't on here, surprisingly enough. In the same year that this mix came out, is when the PSP-1000 lineup arrived in the USA. I'd spent a lot of time just messing around with the PSP adding modded material such as universal remotes, SNES ROMS, and naturally...PSP Revolution. It used a lot of the songs that Stepmania had already popularized.

...and bLiNd's remix was one of them.

Despite all that, bLiNd's mix really served as a great source of inspiration. Before this, I doubt I'd heard many electronic remixes of video game music. I'd go as far to say past this remix, any of bLiNd's remixes are worth listening to. Great stuff. :)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01423 - EarthBound "SnowBound"
  • 6 years later...