OCR00479 - Dragon Warrior "Dragon Hop"

Ginnsu

Dragon Warrior 'Dragon Hop'

This is a short little piece of musical excellence. A little too short actually, but the organ more then makes up for that fact. It just leaves me wanting more. Stevie-G, here’s the deal, you give me a longer song and I’ll give you a longer review. It is great stuff man.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Short but effective combination of styles! Good stuff, when I first heard a baroque-ish minor piano intro I wasn't at all expecting the beat to come in right after it. I have a beef with the high strings though - I don't know what the term is, but there's too much delay on each note. That effect is especially annoying in the section at 0:32 where they've got a lot of notes.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My first time on the forums and I signed up just to say: This song rocks. I dunno what LibertyCabbage was talkin about way back in 03, but his song is one of the best i've heard. I played DragonWarrior constantly and hearing this remix just brings all those memories back.

Way to go Stevie-G, you really have to make the song longer! Just repeat it or something =). Keep it up.

A listener,

J

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I think this is pretty much the bare minimum of interpretation that is tolerated on this site. All this mix really does is point out the baroque influence of the score, and semi-successfully combines it with a contemporary beat. The melody is pretty simple, arrangement is practically nil, and its not really something that is going to be remembered.

It's one of those blink and you miss it tracks, only you never really miss it.

BUT I will point out that in all its 1:22 duration, I didn't once wish it would end. So it's definately not the bottom of the music barrel, in my books.

• 7 months later...

I've always liked this one. It's not the most creative or interpretive of the source, but it has it's own feel and it's a nice chill listen. I'm actually listening for the first time on headphones, and there is some almost dizzying panning at times that I'm not crazy about. It's all good on speakers though. The ending is pretty abrupt, it would have nice to have had something that doesn't just stop so suddenly.

Fun little listen.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This mix is built using only the first half (15 seconds) of the source (30 seconds total). The second half of the source is a bit more musically interesting than the first, and I wish it was represented in this mix. I think the process of integrating it could have inspired some original variations, but as it stands, the only original components of this mix are the beat (which is nice, don't get me wrong) and the instrument choices. Perhaps Stevie-Keyz could try revisiting this one...? The soundtrack has a lot of interesting stings and fanfares that may also be fun to incorporate and improvise upon. Just grab the NSF and listen all the way through.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00479 - Dragon Warrior "Dragon Hop"