OCR01424 - EarthBound "Da Black Market"

djpretzel

Poo's part is my absolute favorite. His voice I'm sure I've heard somewhere else.

Poo is played by Steve "D-Lux" King, who I believe hosts the radio show Very Good Music (and I'm really guessing the show he hosts off the top of my head, if I'm wrong, please please please correct me). If you've heard the show before, you know the voice.

Poo's part is my absolute favorite. His voice I'm sure I've heard somewhere else.

Poo is played by Steve "D-Lux" King, who I believe hosts the radio show Very Good Music (and I'm really guessing the show he hosts off the top of my head, if I'm wrong, please please please correct me). If you've heard the show before, you know the voice.

You have quite a memory there. ;)

OMG U R FAN. I AM STEVE. BUTTSEKZ?

I know I'm gonna have to listen to that, but that's not where I've heard it before. He must just sound alot like someone I've heard before - possibly on a Wyclef Jean CD.

The music was good on this track (I'll have to hear it again in my other headphones, since the ones I have aren't my best ones), but I don't need a better set of headphones to hear the raps, and they SUCK. I mean they SUCK!

Why do I say that? As a rapper myself, I could FREESTYLE IN THE SHOWER better than these dudes, and no, I am not being dramatic. These guys sound like suburban white guys masturbating. THEY SUCK! WACK AS WACK CAN WHACK!

Talk about excessive enunciation and corny accents, people. I could just see these guys walking to a studio and running right back out while everyone laughs them to scorn. Boy, I could just see that. Ali G can rap better than these dudes, yo.

p1746303reg.jpg

The name of the group is "Crazy Crakaz". No shit they sound white. The whole thing is tongue-in-cheek, you idiot.

:lmassoff:CRAZY CRAKAZ!!!???

Well, whatever. I am beyond irrefutable to the fact that it was all "tongue-in-cheek", but make them a recommendation to be proficient if they want essential jest. No, I am not a character of idiocy. :lol:

Generally, I detest rap, but this is one of my favorite mixes on the project.

Well, I don't like country music, but do I have to detest the majority of it? Dang, mayn! Well, I find it interesting that this particular mix has become a fave of yours. :whatevaa:

But ay, I can't bite the music; it was favorable. :D

The music was good on this track (I'll have to hear it again in my other headphones, since the ones I have aren't my best ones), but I don't need a better set of headphones to hear the raps, and they SUCK. I mean they SUCK!

Why do say that? As a rapper myself, I could FREESTYLE IN THE SHOWER better than these dudes, and no, I am not being dramatic. These guys sound like suburban white guys masturbating. THEY SUCK! WACK AS WACK CAN WHACK!

Talk about excessive enunciation and corny accents, people. I could just see these guys walking to a studio and running right back out while everyone laughs them to scorn. Boy, I could just see that. Ali G can rap better than these dudes, yo.

p1746303reg.jpg

The name of the group is "Crazy Crakaz". No shit they sound white. The whole thing is tongue-in-cheek, you idiot.

1st Dzyre, that's cool if you can rap better than me, and that's no big deal. I'm not a rapper at heart so it's not something I'm going to take a lot of time to improve on. I do it for fun on occasion, such as for this project. And of course it's apparent that we sound like a bunch of white idiots that can't rap well, and that's sort of the point. Obviously you don't respect that fact, but I'm not going to ask you to. If I actually had the drive and means to do actual rap I likely could. But I don't, so I won't right now.

I do request that you show some of the rap work you have done. I'd like to hear your style, not as some backhanded way of saying, "Hey, you really aren't that good!", but if you say you're good, I'd like to hear it, and I'm sure many others here would as well.

Glad you were able to enjoy some aspects of the track though.

Flik's part is really weird. But the song is pretty funny anyway. And you can tell Flik's a good voice actor. I didn't really get the impression that he was rapping, as he seems to imply though... More like talking really fast with some marginal regard for the beat.

Voice actors...

1st Dzyre, that's cool if you can rap better than me, and that's no big deal. I'm not a rapper at heart so it's not something I'm going to take a lot of time to improve on. I do it for fun on occasion, such as for this project. And of course it's apparent that we sound like a bunch of white idiots that can't rap well, and that's sort of the point. Obviously you don't respect that fact, but I'm not going to ask you to. If I actually had the drive and means to do actual rap I likely could. But I don't, so I won't right now.

I do request that you show some of the rap work you have done. I'd like to hear your style, not as somebackhanded way of saying, "Hey, you really aren't that good!", but if you say you're good, I'd like to hear it, and I'm sure many others here would as well.

Glad you were able to enjoy some aspects of the track though.

Well, sorry if I was being offensive, man. I'm working on stuff, and I'm doing computer upgrades, so it'll be a moment before I do that. Once again, sorry for the disrespect.

I wasn't really trying to dis anyone, as much as ranting over how goofy the song was :lol:

There's the possibility of some serious raps in the future if you're still interested.

Okay.:mrgreen:

[Edit]Shit, Guess it was a little late coming...Still stand by my statement though.

Well, I think it's kind of funny how many hop onto this track's dick. Yea, it's alright, but there are allot of things wrong with it.

Nothing too big, but I figure, since not many people are giving constructive critisim, I guess I'll have to.

In the first verse, "motha fucka, ya sucka" rhymes, but the 'ya sucka' could be ommitable, because it threw off the rythym allot, which isn't a big deal, but you might want to watch that.

Myth...wow. I'm sorry, but you need ALLOT of work, that was one of the most annoying verses I've heard in my entire life, like seriously, get your damn voice under some damn control. I'm not trying to diss, but dude, when some one has a voice like yours, try not to have it so god damn whiny, I'm not too huge on voices, but the way you sounded on the track I just wanted to strangle you with your mic cord. Also, work on your flow, it's too non-sensical, and only contributes to the irritatingness of your lyrical presence.

Uh, 3rd guy

Yours was pretty good, But towards the end it sounded like you were running out of breath, or maybe you were whispering, Either way, you might want to work on breathing between lines, so that way you don't sound like you're choking the last part out.

4th guy

Pretty good, but you used 'Modern Day' twice, that's not too big of a deal, just try to avoid shit like that.

The beat was fuckin awesome though.

• 2 weeks later...

I lol'd some time ago when some cultural dilettante put "leet" under the hip-hop slang article on Wikipedia. It's not there anymore (thankfully), lest someone might start thinking that the entire population of internet nerds were trying to imitate hip-hoppers.

Anyway, Myth Naz put together a radio edit version where all the swearing was replaced by Earthbound sound effects. Check it here.

Its a rap about old school nintendo though... and THEY USE THE WORD LEET! IN A RAP! LEET!

Check out MC Frontalot. If you're into the leet rapz0rz, that is.

Incidentally, the first rapper in this piece sounds a LOT like Frontalot. Like a lot a lot, such that my first reaction was "What's Frontalot doing on OCR?" My second reaction was "Wait, Frontalot has every business being on OCR. Nerdcore, baby."

The idea of a radio cut with profanity replaced with VG sounds amuses the hell out of me and I badly want that copy. The link is not working, and this makes me sad.

Now what's really known as a radio cut?

First, not sure who Frontalot is, but he appears to be more famous than me, so I accept that as a compliment.

Second, "mutha fucka, ya sucka, i'll beat ya like no other" wouldn't work without that "ya sucka" no matter what you say. Too much silence there.

Third, I make it a point to say that something is "fuckin leet" in as many Crakaz songs as I can. I don't know why, just a trademark or something. If you heard "Happy Birfday, DCT" you'll know that he is fuckin leet as well. Check that shit out over at www.oneupstudios.com if you haven't heard it. it's on Mustin's music page.

Fourth, Crazy Crakaz fo life, bitches.

Thanks for lovin the song, it's one of the best in the history of ever and I'm glad people are enjoying it.

Much love to all of you.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01424 - EarthBound "Da Black Market"