An OverClocked Christmas ~ Now Recruiting

Dyne

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

So, it looks like we're going to have an epic album once again this year! I'm very happy about this. I definitely look forward to all of the participation from the community, it gives me the warm and fuzzies. :-P

So, I do have one request, which I will put in the OP. And, following this, if anyone else is looking for a collab partner, feel free to post in this thread, and/or send me the PM and I'll put it in the OP.

Hoboka is looking for someone to collaborate with him on his track. He's looking for someone with good production skills. Please feel free to PM him and talk with him about it.

And remember, the deadline for the album is December 10!!!

So get those remixes, originals, or other songs, to me by that day!!!

• 2 weeks later...
so The Coop, you got time for a collab :<?

Afraid not. Between the remix for this project, the one for Be Aggressive and its website (which I REALLY need to get started on), and the story I'm working on for December 18th, another remix being thrown into the mix would cause an explosion, the likes of which hasn't been seen since the Big Bang.

i haven't even started on my track and i suddenly have no motivation to do so, fearing that it'll be too crappy to be on the album.

because it will be.

As Ken Titus once said, "Now, don't be a wussy!" Make that remix, and throw it out to the world. And if the world throws it back, duck.

Now if those aren't words of encouragement, I don't know what are :-D

the one for Be Aggressive and its website (which I REALLY need to get started on)
No worries. Your mix is almost done anyway, and the website won't be needed for quite a while.

Hopefully this helps lessen the burden on your shoulders so you can enjoy Christmas festivities. :wink:

As for AOC v6, I really wanted to join the fun again this year, but life's pretty bleak right now. We'll see...

Just checking in with everyone to let you know that I'm still watching and waiting. I will be checking all of my email within the next hour as I've been quite busy. Holidays are brutal, aren't they?

Anyway, any questions, throw them my way via PM. Anything related to the album, see the OP, and if that doesn't answer it, send it my way.

• 2 weeks later...

The tentative plan is to release the album on December 17, one week after the deadline. So... The absolute LATEST that anyone can have tracks to me, is by Friday, December 14. After that, I most likely will not accept tracks after that day so that I can rename all of the files, create the zip/rar file, edit the appropriate web pages, and get all of it uploaded for release by Monday, December 17.

Now, I will be honest, it does not take that much time to do all of those things, but in years passed, I have never given myself a lot of time to get it done, nor have I had it ready to go prior to Christmas Eve. This year, I'm going to have the album released prior to Christmas Eve, and I'm going to take my time and do these things the correct way and not rush it.

That said, please do your best to have the tracks by the deadline, Monday December 10, but if you still need some more time, you can extend the deadline out to December 14.

Also... Please feel free to send me your tracks either here on the forums in PM form (soundcloud works well for allowing me to download them), or, you can send me files via my gmail address at: dyne2057@gmail.com

I'm looking forward to seeing this one through. And I'm definitely looking forward to starting next year's project a little earlier.

What's the status Dyne? How many tracks you got so far?

Unfortunately I haven't been able to finish something yet.. Maybe this weekend :P

So far, two tracks. I will be checking my email shortly to see if anyone else has sent in their tracks. Honestly, it's usually a flood at the last possible moment. :)

Best. Christmas EP. Ever.

God bless us, everyone.

Indeed.

You'll be getting my remix, and the album cover, tomorrow evening.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to it!!

Edit:

It was brought to my attention that I didn't have the bitrate at which I would like these files encoded at, or even the file format. I will post this in the OP, but here's the details:

Bitrate should be 192kbps

And it should be 44khz

The standard, really. Keep 'em coming, we're at a confirmed four mixes (including the incoming mix from The Coop!)!!!

Edited by Dyne