Zelda: OOT - Song Of Storms (Solo Piano)

Nostalvania

This was a beautiful composition, I enjoyed it tremendously. Production also sounds pretty tight on my MD-7506s, but I'm no expert. The change of tone at the end was refreshing, and the outro was smooth, if only that it fades out a little too quickly! I suggest that you allow that last note to breathe a little bit more, it ducks to silence a bit too quickly and was quite noticeable on my headphones.

Great job!

Very small mistakes, but I love the harmonies you have going on! I agree with ProtoDome: the change to a major key halfway through is awesome! :D

Yeah, don't lift your hands at the end so quickly. Just let it fade out naturally. You don't need much more reverb, but instead, try for more of an expansive room feel. You have the right reverb. Just give it the feel of a (really good-sounding) auditorium. You should get ArtsAcoustic Reverb if you don't have it. :D

Nostalvania,

This is really awesome, I gotta tell you. I get a Jim Brickman vibe from your song, which is a really good thing - I think it's the chord change. I actually really like the ending - in my opinion, it just needs to be a bit less abrupt, with a bit more closure to the entire song. That would make it a little more emotionally satisfying for me. Otherwise, it seems like you're saying, "I've played my song, and I'm done."

However, I think you've done a good job of expanding on the very small source material you have to work with. I would even suggest a little more variation on the theme - stay with the melody, but play with it more. Maybe an extra minute on the song would do it some good.

All in all, this is a great start and I hope you keep working on this and improving it!

I would even suggest a little more variation on the theme - stay with the melody, but play with it more. Maybe an extra minute on the song would do it some good.

Hi, thanks for the feedback (sorry for the late response)

Yeah, i think you're right. The melody could use a bit more variation.

Maybe i will add an interlude in the middle of the song to stretch the piece a little.

Also thanks to Elder Kirby for your kind words.

This is great stuff - it's bursting with different ideas, reharmonization and syncopation. You just need to tighten up the form. The intro and first instance of the melody is perfect, but from there it wanders off into a chordal exploration that muddles the form, and seems to come too early in the song's emotional development.

The major reharm section is fantastic, the highlight of the piece, but needs to be built up to and 'earned' for it to really hit home. The return to the minor key, and the ending are fine but also need to be more defined. I think you've got a real gem here, you just need to space out and balance your ideas.

• 1 month later...

This is an exceptional remix - in fact, it's the best remix of this song that I've heard. I agree with One Winged Angle's comment that there is some Jim Brickman in this music - I think he says that because you actually duplicated some of the notes from one of Brickman's songs. Unfortunately, I can't think which one off the top of my head, nor does it matter.

Have you ever considered taking this piano track and putting an orchestra or a hip-hop beat behind it? The piano is a masterpiece, but I still think that many solo piano songs could be improved if other instruments were added as harmony. If you have time, perhaps you should take an hour and just experiment with putting some canned beats or sampled violins or even something unusual like guitars behind it just to see if you could improve this mix further.

This is an exceptional remix - in fact, it's the best remix of this song that I've heard.

Thanks!

I agree with One Winged Angle's comment that there is some Jim Brickman in this music - I think he says that because you actually duplicated some of the notes from one of Brickman's songs.

Coincidence! At the time when i started making this mix, i had no idea who Jim Brickman is.

Have you ever considered taking this piano track and putting an orchestra or a hip-hop beat behind it?

I have the idea to make a remix of this song in a funky/jazz style, Including drums.

Orchestra? I've never made an orchestral remix. Maybe i'll give it a try. But i think my violin samples aren't good enough. I fear it wouldn't sound that great.

I think i'll first finish the solo piano version and then i decide if i want to add more instruments.

Thanks for the feedback!

( I hope my english is correct.):tomatoface: