OCR01427 - EarthBound "Twoson Hits the Road"

djpretzel

I beat mythril to the first post. :lol:

DJP asked me for input while he was working through this, so I was fortunate to have heard this throughout its WIP stages and through completion. DJP doesn't disappoint. I think this is arguably his best arrangement to date. I recommend repeated listenings for people who aren't very open minded. It may not impress most listeners at first glance, but this mix has a lot of heart, authenticity and I really think DJP is perhaps the most flexible arranger in the community. Everything in the mix just sounds authentic - from the great accordion, piano and guitar sequencing to even the complimentary instruments like the solo violin. I also want to note the part at 2:10-2:20 was fantastic. The icing on this cake is the quality production values we've come to expect from DJP.

My favorite Earthbound mix, and overall, truly splendid work.

Country style remixes? This could spawn alot of nice works.. ;) It was great. I love the clean sound, although the tones of the instruments don't exactly match perfectly for me. Regardless, there's no debate; it's a great piece of work -- many, many thanks.

The song was great! Your aim to make "driving music" worked: I got that feeling immediately. I liked just about everything in the song! I thought near the ending things started getting a little muddy with all the instruments (I prefered the more sparse first minute). Otherwise, a great song!

095.jpg

Speechless..... :!: This mix is incredible!!!! I didn't even think I immediatly downloaded. I mean c'mon a mix by Thee DJP!!! I mean this is the guy that started it all. He is the Veteran of this site no better yet he is the Legend! Damn good mix DJP I'm listening to it as I write this. Very beautiful mix I swear it could bring a tear to my eye. There is nothing else I can say but the is the best mix I've downloaded all month. We can learn alot from this brilliant man. Good form DJP! And thank you for starting this site. :D

This mix doesn't impress me at all, nor do I like it. My problem is with the violin samples. They sound fake as hell! Most likely because I played the violin for 16 years and know how it should sound. But seriously, listening to this song, it almost felt like it was 1993 and I was listening to a prepackaged midi on the media player for windows 3.1. I don't know, maybe I just expect too much from DJ P, but this mix is just a meager 4/10 in my mind.

This is great work DJP. The production quality really stands out from the crowd, and the arrangement is excellent. More importantly, I believe you truly captured the essence of the original Twoson song. My only complaint is that the ending was slightly too short/abrupt. Thanks again for all the work you've done for this community.

This is great work DJP. The production quality really stands out from the crowd, and the arrangement is excellent. More importantly, I believe you truly captured the essence of the original Twoson song. My only complaint is that the ending was slightly too short/abrupt. Thanks again for all the work you've done for this community.

ditto to everything there. short ending, but otherwise amazing. I usually don't enjoy Earthboudn remixes, because the origional is almost always better and more emotionally stimulating. This is definitely a keeper though.

Occasionally I hear a track and say "instant keeper." This is one of those tracks. Not since Xenogears "Star Freezes Over," unfortunately not accepted here (and I'm not sure if it's available at VGMix anymore) have I liked a piece so quickly.

Good to see more Earthbound remixes being made.

Hahahah, that's most definitely an accordian. It doesn't even sound like a violin (during the accordian parts, of course). I like the production on this, although I kind of think everything has too much of a "fat" sound (mainly because I think the accordian is too high in the mix and too mid-rangey for my taste). It's not a bad thing, just personal preference. The string notes sound a bit too static in the mix. I'm thinking it might sound better if each note swells in volume instead.

Overall, it's better than a lot of the mixes I've heard on this site in a while.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01427 - EarthBound "Twoson Hits the Road"