Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Garpocalypse

I loved DoA until DOA4.

After hearing about Ninja Gaiden 3 I don't think Team Ninja is going to do anything great with DOA5. Stranger things have happened, like Mortal Kombat being balanced for tournament play, but lets not forget that Team Ninja's greatness died at the start of this generation of consoles and that was over half a decade ago.

I'd love for it to be great but if it's only as good as DOA4 then i'm going to pass. I still can't believe Itagaki had the nerve to call that mess "the pinnacle of fighting games."

I am a big Tekken fan since Tekken 2. Followed the series through Tekken 5. Never touched Tekken 5 DR or Tekken 6. In the early days of PS2 I played the shit out of TTT with my friends. I am not a good player though, since I can never get the timing for all the juggling right.

Anyhow, I am actually splurging for a PS3 this weekend and will pick up TTT2.

PS - just read blue magic's comments, and man, almost don't want to get it now. So true. Hate juggling, mainly because I can't do it, but still hate it all the same.

While I love me some Tekken and fighting games in general, I have been highly sceptical of them as of late. I try not to get too jazzed about a new one coming out, because the last few major titles have been super-mediocre.

I played Tekken 6 for a few months - got bored of it.

I pre-ordered SFXT - Played it for a week and have not touched it since that week. Such a disappointment.

Marvel VS Capcom 3 - Worst fighting game Capcom has made IMO.

I did enjoy SFIV for 2-3 years though, so that one was good. Even so, most of the new fighting games offer nothing that really sets them apart from their predecessors and have horrible DLC money-grabs.

I try not to get too jazzed about a new one coming out, because the last few major titles have been super-mediocre.

Same here. They've abandoned the one thing I liked about the Tekken games - quick battles where each move can make a difference. These days a 10-hit combo takes less than half of your opponent's HP...

Fighting games have gotten far better over the last decade. i have no idea what you guys are playing... :)!!

Back in the days of SFII, Mortal Kombat, then VF and Tekken i used to think of how impossible a task it must be to make a fighter as dynamic as a fight scene in a movie. We now have it and people are...complaining?

Competitive play has refined the genre to near perfection. There is no more garbage like Kakuto Chojin or the early MK's where certain fighters were grossly overpowered or had a technique that could break the game. The demands for arcade fighters are so high now that only the studios that have fighter experience are still making them. Everyone else's is dead. (where is my tournament ready BLOODY ROAR 4 damnit!)

Tekken never demanded the technical prowess of Virtua Fighter. Where not only one move could make a difference, one frame accuracy could make or break a fight. Though I gotta admit, not having a combo list in front of me for my pair in TTT2 (jin/jun) and trying to discover the tag juggles has been pretty fun. Love it or hate it juggles are a key part of tekken's gameplay. Learn it or lose. I'm hoping that by this weekend i'll be pretty competitive to go online for a few rounds.

Do what I tried to do and go back and play Tekken 2. Which is still one of my favorite games ever made but maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, playing through that is extremely painful. :mrgreen:

I was never a huge fan of custom soundtracks in any game. The director always makes decisions with the game with in mind so why get rid of his hard work? However, Being able to get rid of that god-awful Snoop dog track just saved about every fight i'm ever going to have on that stage. :-D

(how do you punch anyone to this?)

Another feature i love is the practice mode while waiting for an online matchup. Kind of makes me wonder how much time I wasted in T6 just waiting for the next match.

I remember now how bad it sucks to get juggled for 12 hits or how it's near impossible to read lilli. Guess on your blocks and hope for the best. However after about 30 matches i'm hanging around a 70% win ratio so i'm still having fun!

Glad that someone is enjoying TTT2! I'd pick it up but am strapped for cash atm. I also don't get fighters on the first day anymore after SFxTekken didn't have couch co-op on the 360...among other giant problems w/ the game.

Some online lag but it's probably the best launch of a fighter in the last 3-4 years. Alot of the online fights have been people just showing off their mains from T6.

If I think the soundtrack of a given game is shit, I'm not really thinking very highly of the director in the first place.

I just can't stand licensed music in games. While i never thought very highly of the soundtrack in any of the tekken games at least namco is still using a team to make original music. Unlike THQ's UFC, EA's MMA and the entire friggin Fight Night series.

To anyone else who has the game try popping this little classic on the soundtrack

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00884/

Thanks DJP, for helping make games better. :-D