Borderlands 2

zircon

All of the DLC scales to your current level if I'm not mistaken. You could technically play all of the DLC at level 1 and it wouldn't be brutally hard.

The Zombie Island and Robolution DLC does scale somewhat, depending on at which point in the root game you go to each expansion. I started a new game and went straight to each one as soon as I could (right after fixing the first medical vendor). The quests began at Lv 10. I went back to Fyrestone and played through everything in the Arid Badlands. When I headed to the Arid Hills, the expansion quests went up to Lv 15. They jumped to Lv 20 when I went to the Dahl Headlands and 25 upon entering New Haven. I think when you head to the Salt Flats they jump again to 30 and then to 35 upon beating the game. (If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.)

The Secret Armory is a different matter. The quests begin at Lv 35 and hover between there and 40 for the most part (Crawmerax is always around 60 or higher). I don't know about Mad Moxxi's because I don't have friends with which to enjoy multiplayer.

During the second playthrough most of the quests throughout the root game and the expansions stays between 35 and 50. The strategy guide I have says that once your character reaches Lv 50 the quests and weapons all jump to 50, but I didn't have that happen. Once I got my Berserker to Lv 64 (by which time I was replaying the Secret Armory), everything jumped to my level and stayed with me, which made fighting the Drifters way too much of a bitch.

Anyway, all that means if you want to play the Robolution just to see how the story goes, you can start about between Lv 8-15. When you get to the final boss (I'll let someone else spoil it) its level will be 18. Same goes for the Zombie Island. I found the most challenging thing about playing the DLC at a lower level is having very little room in your backpack to carry all the weapons you find back to the vendors and racking up the cash.

That has nothing to do with PC or console. That's weapon accuracy thing.

I just meant that it makes little difference what you use because the accuracy isn't spot on like it was for the first game. It's fine if djp uses a controller. If he wants that pinpoint accuracy after maxing out his stats he could switch to a mouse. :-P

Most sniper rifles have a base accuracy in the high 90s so that's simply not true. For me, the only weapons with sway so noticeable that it affected aiming were SMGs/Shotguns (i.e. weapons that aren't generally intended for long range engagements anyway), but it's totally doable to use the Gearbox rifle right from the start and headshot bullymongs, it has nothing to do with your level. Honestly, recoil (which definitely existed in BL1) is a much bigger deal.

So, I decided to get Borderland 1 first and see how I like it (and I love it), but I'm seeing some really retarded things happening in this game. When I clear a certain area of enemies, why in the hell do they suddenly respawn? Like, I totally clear out an area, and all of a sudden I'm completely surrounded again by a second wave of enemies and usually there is a "badass" that appears in the second wave. That shit kinda sucks when you're at a low level. I end up running my ass off just to find out that I'm running directly into yet another area full of enemies that I cleared out before.

On subject about accuracy problems: I'm also noticing some accuracy problems with sniper rifles (well, any scoped weapon). I tend to shoot straight through enemies and they take no damage, mostly when I'm going for a headshot. I understand that there is a certain accuracy threshold for each weapon, but if I take a shot, and see the bullet go straight through the enemy and hit the wall behind them, its frustrating. I've even seen it happen at close range with shotguns. If it's like that in single-player, I can't imagine how crazy it is when playing online.

I bitch about the game, but I still like it though. Will definitely be getting Borderlands 2 when I beat this one.

So, I decided to get Borderland 1 first and see how I like it (and I love it), but I'm seeing some really retarded things happening in this game. When I clear a certain area of enemies, why in the hell do they suddenly respawn? Like, I totally clear out an area, and all of a sudden I'm completely surrounded again by a second wave of enemies and usually there is a "badass" that appears in the second wave. That shit kinda sucks when you're at a low level. I end up running my ass off just to find out that I'm running directly into yet another area full of enemies that I cleared out before.

I've never had it happen where enemies "instantly" regenerate, although it's never made sense to me that in some small areas enemies will replace the ones you recently killed as if a fresh spawn is on a timer. The most infuriating may be the Larva Crab Worms in the Lost Cave, as they seem to return faster than any other enemy. I'm sure glad there are no Badass Crab Worms...

It's not instantaneous respawn, it does take awhile, but the problem is it doesn't really wait long enough. Respawning enemies in areas are probably most noticeable in Old Haven, considering the enemies there are considerably more combat capable than the bandits you see in most of the game.

Ironically, this is what makes Old Haven one of the most fun "dungeons" of the game.

It's not instantaneous respawn, it does take awhile, but the problem is it doesn't really wait long enough. Respawning enemies in areas are probably most noticeable in Old Haven, considering the enemies there are considerably more combat capable than the bandits you see in most of the game.

Ironically, this is what makes Old Haven one of the most fun "dungeons" of the game.

Nah man, the skags in skag gully respawn before I can even finish gathering up all of the dropped loot. I can't tell if they are respawning in a different area and just coming after me, or if they are respawning around my general location. All I know is, I get surrounded very soon after I cleared the area out.

Also, I've noticed skags randomly running off in different directions from time to time. Maybe the ones that run off come back to attack me? IDK...

It's not really as annoying now since my level is higher. They just scare the hell out of me when they attack from behind (damn surround sound speakers).

Nah man, the skags in skag gully respawn before I can even finish gathering up all of the dropped loot. I can't tell if they are respawning in a different area and just coming after me, or if they are respawning around my general location. All I know is, I get surrounded very soon after I cleared the area out.

Also, I've noticed skags randomly running off in different directions from time to time. Maybe the ones that run off come back to attack me? IDK...

It's not really as annoying now since my level is higher. They just scare the hell out of me when they attack from behind (damn surround sound speakers).

Ah, yeah. Skag Gully. That area *does* repopulate absurdly fast, you're right. I'd forgotten. Most other zones aren't quite as bad as that one, though.

And yeah, very little's worse hearing their telltale roar come from behind, because it's just one of the bigger "Aw, crap" moments early in the game.