Borderlands 2

zircon

The problem is that the Accuracy score only applies to a shot that's not affected by recoil. Hip-firing a semi-automatic double action revolver is going to produce intense amounts of recoil. Iron-sighting lowers your recoil issues somewhat, but Borderlands 2 significantly increased the impact of Recoil in general.

The issue with Hyperion weaponry that I've encountered is that their first initial shot suffers from massive recoil, but every subsequent shot suffers from much less, so while your first and final shots may land well, the ones right after the first might not.

Another viable option for you would be to get in up close and personal with low magazine size shotguns and use your damage boost on those, which will probably shred your enemies into a fine red mist. Failing that, try to get the Steady as She Goes talent, or whatever it was to give you 80% Recoil Reduction while in Gunzerk.

So I switched to Hyperion SMG's for a while and switched my tree over to the middle Gunzerk emphasis for awhile. It was doing pretty good, but I just wasn't feeling it. I will say though that Hyperion weapons are STUPID good for gunzerking, if you have a good aim you'll be drilling so many crit's in your target it's sickening.

I switched back to the revolver skill tree but swapped from the fast swapping and auto-reload on kill to just fast reload and fire rate. It's working better for me because I don't require a kill to keep going. The biggest reason I needed accuracy is because I NEEDED a kill before all four of my guns were needing a reload. Four guns and needing to reload all 4 of them is gut wrenching, and getting a kill is tough when it's a boss or having two of my friends be snipers and picking off most of the guys I shoot up. This fire rate/reload rate method has been much less stressful, and I don't need the hipshot nearly as much.

Still, I'm sad I have to ironsight, but honestly I'm just nitpicking at this point. Still a sweet game, thinking of going deception zero for my next play through, running around stabbing everything.

Yes, it was a bit of an overreaction; I was in a bad mood yesterday anyway and this just ticked me off further.

Still, I have the money, I just don't want to waste it on a game that won't run (well, at least). And minimum/recommended specs, I've found, are rarely accurate. For e.g., my old PC, supposedly met or exceeded every recommended spec for Battlefield Bad Company 2, yet the game ran like crap on even the lowest settings. I've encountered a lot of games like that; unless my PC is either waaay above the recommended specs, or below minimum, I never bother with using specs as an indication of how well the game will run. I rely on demo's, but Gearbox has "graciously" decided not to have one.

Re: pirating, I actually suggested it not as a serious option but more as a "it's kind of stupid that you don't have a demo and I have to potentially resort to illegal methods just to make sure that I'm not wasting $60 only to find out that the game doesn't even run on my PC" jab.

I wanna express my love for hilarious over the top gun mods like flaming scoped autoshotguns, fully automatic sniper rifles with tommygun style drum mags, as well as the mod that makes you fling the gun away as a grenade instead of reloading.

At the same time I feel kinda ehhh about the new Slag element, which is okay in multiplayer, but kinda tedious to use solo because switching between guns is pretty damn slow if you haven't invested some points into the relevant skills.

Wow, Gearbox is a bunch of a-holes.
So I made a thread on the official forums asking... Would Gearbox care if I "pirated" the game just to try it out?
Screw you, Gearbox.

Just way too funny. You asked them if they minded that you committed a federal crime with their IP and you get mad that they don't take kindly to the idea?

My Assassin is a melee killing machine. Put almost everything into the Bloodshed (right) tree and I have a pistol with +100% melee damage, a relic with +6% melee damage, and a class mod with +27% melee damage. Basically anything around the same level as me dies from one melee strike :P.

Oh, and that pistol also has a wicked fire rate and decent accuracy at long range. It's basically a compact assault-sniper gunblade. I LOVE THIS GAME.

Finished playthrough 1 with Zero (me) and Axton (my buddy drew) on Monday. Good story, I do like a few of the plot twists.

I do need to work on staying alive better. Started out with a Bloodbath build, but have since switched to a balanced cunning/bloodbath build to boost my gun damage, as getting into melee range has been becoming bad for my health, so needed a faster way to take things down.

MaximumFrost/MaxFrost on stream! Add me if you haven't already!

Re: pirating, I actually suggested it not as a serious option but more as a "it's kind of stupid that you don't have a demo and I have to potentially resort to illegal methods just to make sure that I'm not wasting $60 only to find out that the game doesn't even run on my PC" jab.

:whatevaa:

The original is twenty bucks on steam, thirty with all of the dlc. That would probably give you a good idea.

Or, invest your money into a new graphics card. It doesn't have to be super expensive, just better. That would carry over to other games, too.

:whatevaa:

The original is twenty bucks on steam, thirty with all of the dlc. That would probably give you a good idea.

Or, invest your money into a new graphics card. It doesn't have to be super expensive, just better. That would carry over to other games, too.

I found out a friend of mine with a similar PC decided to buy it and it ran ok, so I took the plunge and it does indeed run smoothly (constant 30+FPS) with view distance down to low and no anti-aliasing.

Just finished my first playthrough as Zero at level 32. Should have been sooner, but all that homework and lack of study caught up to me.

Regardless, I've started the game again with a new character (Maya) and I am surprised how I am still willing to go through it again and it still seems fresh. Used to snipe as an assassin, now I mess people up with shotguns as a siren.

Great game, great replay value. Liked the story too. Fun times.

Gotta say TVHM (playthrough 2) is pretty damn harsh this time around. I actually have to use slag and other beneficial elemental multipliers to take down most enemies in any reasonable amount of time (shock vs their shields, corrosion vs armor, fire vs everything else), and I pretty much go for critical hits exclusively. In Borderlands 1 I could just run through everything with my Siren and a 4x fire SMG, so this game is definitely an improvement in that regard.

I rented B2 and have only put a few scant hours into it, but I somehow don't feel compelled to continue... I think it's because I'm a level 8 commando and I can't beat Captain Flynt, and I'm easily discouraged.

Yeah, Flynt's not easy. Like Brandon said, go grind a level or two and just keep searching for a better firearm. Depending on your playstyle, I would suggest a decent Jakob's revolver or Sniper Rifle, or any halfway decent machine gun. Just remember to use cover, and don't try to bum-rush Flynt when your shields are low, because your shields are the only thing that can protect you from flames reasonably well.

And as a commando, if Flynt does get close, drop your Sabre turret behind him so he has to choose which target to attack. This can make him surprisingly vulnerable and such baiting works against many enemies in this game.

It probably depends a lot on the character you picked. As zer0 I found Flynt a total pushover on playthrough one. TVHM was a different matter though.

E: Finally managed to get this piece of crap. Ideally it would've been level 50 but no such luck for me.

dS5Vh.jpg

All you need is a Conference Call and you'll have unlocked EZ Mode.