Does anyone else think this Super Mario 3D Land song sounds like something familiar?

Garrett Williamson

I have no clue if this is the category I'm supposed to post this thread in, but see how much I care.

I just heard my brother playing this stage and I heard this and is it just me or does the melody sound similar to another song from another game...?

http://youtu.be/NYoP3_p2-N8

I'm not going to say what song I'm thinking of. I want to hear everyone else's guesses and see if I'm stupid or not. :D

So basically, you're asking people to single out a handful of notes in an entire song to identify a song from an entirely different game with a similarly small group of notes vaguely resembling the first group.

You were crazy from the premise.

you might as well be asking "Guess what number I'm thinking of, then take the modulus of that by this second number that I'm thinking of and take the cube root of the sum of all three numbers"

Oh whatever. It seems obvious. I'll go ahead and just say.

It sounds a lot like Saria's Song from OoT and later LoZ games.

I'm going to go ahead and agree that 2 seconds of this song are near identical (0:07 - 0:09), but that's about it. I can see why that little tidbit would bring Saria's Song to mind.