The SNESology "Guess That SNES Game" Contest! **Winner to be Announced in Jan** Thanks for playing

Monobrow

Hello everyone! It's time to test your ears, and your SNES music knowledge!

SNESology%20Contest.png

We at SNESology are holding a CONTEST!

The Story:

After we hit 1k likes on Facebook, we decided to do something extra special for everyone! So here’s the deal, Shnabubula, after a 3 month hiatus, has come back with a 7 minute long opus to SNES music, in celebration of how awesome you guys all are! He completed his song using a ridiculous amount of different SNES sample sets, so many in fact, that we thought it would be fun to try to guess them all!

CLICK THIS LINK TO VIEW THE VIDEO!

CLICK THIS LINK TO DOWNLOAD IT!

Your Mission:

The object of this game/contest is for anyone to guess exactly which games are used in Shnabubula’s latest song!

How:

All you have to do to enter, is to click the link and complete the submission form via e-mail.

Details:

DEADLINE IS NOVEMBER 1st AT 12:00 AM EST

Please list every game you think is used individually throughout ANY part of the song. There is no need for duplicate game guesses at this time. (if a sample set is used multiple times in the game). Your guesses should be based upon all possible parts of the song including within the melody, harmonies, chords, leads, accompaniment, drums, bass, and any other element.

The person that guesses the closest to the actual amount of games used in Sam’s song wins!

But no cheating! If you guess the wrong game, we will deduct points from your score, so please don’t copy a list of every game from the SNES and think that’s going to get you the prizes. Speaking of…

Prizes:

1st Place:

• A specific game and genre request for an upcoming SNESology song.

• Your name or moniker (username) in the title of the song, or your choice to help name the song itself (within reason guys!)

• A YouTube video of Shnabubula playing your song for you on piano!

2nd Place:

• A specific game request for an upcoming SNESology song!

3rd Place:

• A specific genre request for an upcoming SNESology song!

Tiebreaker:

In the rare event of a tie, you must know your stuff! If you submitted the right games to us, and are tied with someone else for any place, the person who resubmits a more detailed account of which SNES samples are used where in the song (timestamps and instrument assignments) and is the most accurate, wins.

How to Enter:

Click this LINK, then do what it says!

However, if you have any trouble, you can E-MAIL us with the following information:

Your Name:

Your Email:

Your Game Guesses: (one per line in e-mail body)

It's that simple.

Finally:

And there you have it! This is our very first contest so all rules are subject to change if absolutely necessary, and all proposals by us and you should be made in good faith, as we are only intent on thanking you for your continued support!

I'm really curious to see how well everyone does!

Oh haha yeah, we will try to come up w/ a good list.

All except the winners will stay anonymous of course, but "most bizarre guess", "funniest guess" etc. might be worth posting at the end. We've gotten some really funny/strange submissions even within the first couple days that would probably be worth mentioning. We have plenty of time to see what happens!

Maybe like "most guessed game", "most guessed wrong game", stuff like that.

Any other suggestions?

Haha sure, why not!

Also keep in mind... I have been getting quite a few submissions from people who later then amend their previous submission. While we will of course accept amended subs, I think I will put a limit of 3 on there.

You have over a month to make a submission, there's no rush, so please anyone who enters or plans to enter, take your time! And since the deadline is a month away, I will try to update this thread (and many others) periodically to remind anyone who planned to enter (but may have forgotten) when we are nearing the end!

Thanks for all the submissions thus far, and I hope we get many more!

Also while we are at it, if anyone has any good ideas for later contests for us to hold (we've already had a few different ideas thrown at us), now would probably a good time!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mmmm, well its been a little delayed because Sam has suddenly gotten very busy and certain things like Sandy, the holidays, and some real life stuff need to be addressed first.

But we WILL announce a winner and start doing this stuff and get the ball rolling again! I think we will prob wait until after the New Year honestly, because everyone and their mother has gotten so busy, it doesn't make sense to announce then not do anything and lose momentum.

It just makes sense to announce the winner then start doing stuff right away when we get unbusy! So thanks for your patience everyone!