DragonAvenger

ReMixer: Hylian Lemon

Game: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

Name of arrangement: Cryomentus

Song arranged: Gnarled Root Dungeon

This is the first track I started for Lime of the Season, a project

that aims to represent the cycle of a year through the music of Zelda:

Oracle of Seasons. Cryomentus is an attempt to turn Gnarled Root

Dungeon into an icy cave for the winter section of the album.

---------------

Edited by djpretzel

• 3 weeks later...

totally kickass arrangement, as I've come to expect from you. Your stuff never fails to bring to mind Grant Kirkhope and the BK soundtrack, and that's high praise. as for critiques, those highs can get pretty.. high sometimes. the energy level also seemed pretty static so some kind of breakdown or tempo changes would have helped spice things up. however, that stuff is nitpicking. overall I really like the song a lot, and as always am looking forward to what you cook up next.

YES

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, Oracle of Seasons/Ages. One of my childhood memories (altho a later childhood memory). This is bizzare in a good way, much like the source. There are some slightly different modal changes to the melody, and some rather unusual harmonies at work as well. Its cool, I like it! I think the delay is a little over done. I would have automated it so the feedback didn't clash with itself so much. The track itself is very creative tho, and the source is obvious and well variated upon. Lack of a clearly defined outro is a bit of a shame (seems i'm hearing alot of that lately, is it just me?) but this is pretty solid stuff imo. Nice work Lemon!

YES

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, this is really solid, inspired stuff. I appreciate how you kept most of the arrangement within the Gameboy-style chiptune realm but managed to be completely different (and sound a LOT better) than the source at the same time. The non-chiptune elements definitely help define the track as a ReMix by OCR's standards, but they fit well and don't feel shoehorned in.

Arrangement-wise, it's a bit plodding, but it fits in the context of cave music, and it didn't bother me enough from an objective standpoint to really take issue with it. I'm on board with what you've done here, good job man :-)

YES

I like how the arrangement keeps me on my toes, by never settling into a distinct groove for too long, and always adding cool textures and counter melodies. The ending was a bit underwhelming, considering the care put into the rest of the track, but overall I felt it was a fun ride, and i'm not sure I could think of a better way to end things myself.

I think mixing up the tempo and textures a little bit throughout would have helped, with a section that had some pretty chord beds and a melody, but still, as-is, it's pretty nice stuff.

Yes