Air3s - Mario Kart Menu Life (Electro 4x4 song)

SonicThHedgog

Hi. So what have you made here ? In the beginning , I think the kick is a bit too loud. However, your break are very original and you bass is cool, this is 100% my Type of music.The last piano part is awesome but when the synth come there is a gap with rhythm witch is a little bit too much for me.

Continue this is a really great work.

Yup yups, like this track too ( http://soundcloud.com/aires/air3s-heavy )

There is another reason I do it.

You know, there's a difference between sufficient saturation and audio clipping. Audio clipping is when it gets above 0dB without a limiter, and sufficient saturation simply gives you a more powerful sound at <=0dB with a limiter. Check to make sure your sounds aren't being limited and THEN going above 0dB. The order of FX in the mixer matters. Top first.

What I'm hearing sounds more like clipping than saturation. You ought to check that out and lower the "clipping effect" or whatever YOU would call it. If you are aware that it's clipping "safely", then you should make it so everyone else will believe you by keeping the "clipping effect" minimalistic so that it's only sufficient, not oversaturated.

You know, there's a difference between sufficient saturation and audio clipping. Audio clipping is when it gets above 0dB without a limiter, and sufficient saturation simply gives you a more powerful sound at <=0dB with a limiter. Check to make sure your sounds aren't being limited and THEN going above 0dB. The order of FX in the mixer matters. Top first.

What I'm hearing sounds more like clipping than saturation. You ought to check that out and lower the "clipping effect" or whatever YOU would call it. If you are aware that it's clipping "safely", then you should make it so everyone else will believe you by keeping the "clipping effect" minimalistic so that it's only sufficient, not oversaturated.

Indeed

Says 0 on my meters..... Except for castle ,less louder then the two.

*Quick edit I forgot to add*For this song clips at 1.7 but with out the VST i'm using to saturate, its not that apparent.*

When I do clip for other reasons, then my clip is usually around 3 db with no limiting. Depending on how I wanted to mix the song.

But for these, they all say zero on my meters

I have been thinking about remixing this theme... I love it sooooo much..... (that sexy piano in the original)... and I really love your interpretation of it, really nice job!!! I love the piano together with the electro elements.... bass is excellent... please keep going on this!!!! Why no plans to sub? Good lord (listening again) this is great...

Indeed

Says 0 on my meters..... Except for castle ,less louder then the two.

*Quick edit I forgot to add*For this song clips at 1.7 but with out the VST i'm using to saturate, its not that apparent.*

When I do clip for other reasons, then my clip is usually around 3 db with no limiting. Depending on how I wanted to mix the song.

But for these, they all say zero on my meters

hm... There should be a better way to get the sound you want. Clipping on purpose is simply unheard of on OCR for the most part.

hm... There should be a better way to get the sound you want. Clipping on purpose is simply unheard of on OCR for the most part.

True, I can use some vst's like nomads maximum (or if thats what its called), but it hugs cpu of me :(.

But I do like the sound of the song when I clip, sometimes.

Some beatport artist(like Wolfgang and Madeon) clip for whatever they're going for.

@chimpazilla I will do some extensions to this song when I get my ssl wave plugins tonight, but I cannot submit this because its not concentrated to one idea :( thats what happened to Andy Gillion amazing sonic genesis tribute :(

• 4 weeks later...

@chimpazilla I will do some extensions to this song when I get my ssl wave plugins tonight, but I cannot submit this because its not concentrated to one idea :( thats what happened to Andy Gillion amazing sonic genesis tribute :(

Sonic, what do you mean "not concentrated to one idea?" It doesn't have to be one idea, just 50% source, preferrably from the same game, and not a medley. I'm not sure what is happening starting at 2:01 in this song, I don't recognize that part, is that what you mean? You could always bring the Kart Select theme back in after this part, blend it, make it even more epic, and it's not a medley, problem solved.

I wish you would keep working on this because It Sounds So Good. That sexy piano, the cool sidechaining, "dat bass," I love it. Really.

Sonic, what do you mean "not concentrated to one idea?" It doesn't have to be one idea, just 50% source, preferrably from the same game, and not a medley. I'm not sure what is happening starting at 2:01 in this song, I don't recognize that part, is that what you mean? You could always bring the Kart Select theme back in after this part, blend it, make it even more epic, and it's not a medley, problem solved.

I wish you would keep working on this because It Sounds So Good. That sexy piano, the cool sidechaining, "dat bass," I love it. Really.

Thats the double dash theme I think your pointing to.

The aim of this is to be a house medley of 3 games (maybe ds and 7 to be added), if I do cut a section and extend on that, I could submit it like you said.

Thats the double dash theme I think your pointing to.

The aim of this is to be a house medley of 3 games (maybe ds and 7 to be added), if I do cut a section and extend on that, I could submit it like you said.

OK... well fwiw, I think you could interweave these melodies, use one as backing for the other, maybe then have them trade places (backing/lead), or combine them as countermelodies or whatever, to make it more of a remix and less of a medley. Personally, I dislike medleys (one song after another)... but I always try to make my remixes with at least two or three themes, interwoven, with the writing/keys/etc. altered to fit into a cohesive whole. Whatever theme you start with you should also end with, like bookends, with unique stuff in the middle yet still referencing that main theme (kart select) at points in the middle. It's gotta sound like one cohesive song though. Just my two cents... (and I think I'm rambling now, sorry)... but I'd sure like you to continue this song, I truly like it. Those first two minutes absolutely rock.

Hm... Is there any chance you're mistaking "clipping on purpose" for bitcrushing?

I know Porter Robinson and madeon bitcrush some of there track, but wolfgang definatly has a clipping kinda sound on his older tracks. you could be totally correct though.

Amazing. Just great.

You should try doing one of the Mario Kart Menu from the original Super Mario Kart. It's the same thing over and over again, but if you could make it non-repetitive by doing really sexy stuff like this, then it could be really cool.

I was planning a rock cover of that when I move pc's

This is pretty ballz to the wall, meng. I like it. But the piano at 2:00 seems way awkward when it comes in. Seems like that intentional off-beat-ness, which I like to do in some of my hip hop. When the synth comes in on top, the rhythmic intentions become clear, but the way the cut is structured I don't think it quite works well with just the piano.

As for OCR, seems to be a number of medleys here so I don't see why you're worried about that. That might have something to say about the compression, though :P

Looking forward to more if you follow through with the other melodies.