Kingdom Hearts - Dearly Beloved (Ambient Mix)

Emunator

Hey all, here's a mix I started working on but never got around to posting. It's a little more on the coverish side of things, probably not OCR submittable at this state of expansion and honestly I don't know where else to go with this anyway. It was more just an attempt to try out a few new sounds I got and work on my production workflow a bit more. All of the additional harmonies on the bell/oboe were improvised. It came out sounding pretty pleasant though so I figured I'd post it.

Remix: http://soundcloud.com/emunator/kingdom-hearts-dearly-beloved

Source:

Enjoy!

I typically don't post in the WIP forum because I have no musical talent and as such cannot give proper feedback.

But this is really good. Yeah it has more of a cover feel to it than a straight up remix, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

It really does spark that nostalgic feeling and overall feel of the first game (as Mirby pointed out) which I find particularly incredible. That feeling is something the other games never really captured again. Really pulls on the heartstrings.

That little bit at the end that sounds like a music box (I believe it's used throughout, but is a bit more prominent here?) really adds to it as well.

Great job. I love it.