FF6 Balance & Ruin Kickstarter RELAUNCHED (and FUNDED)!

zircon

I have been waiting for THIS since "Relics of the Chozo" in 2003. This is my favorite OC Remix project thus far (with the possible exception of Chrono Symphonic). Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger were my favorite games on the SNES and my favorite Square Enix games period. All of the OCR projects rock, but this is beyond words for me. THANK YOU~!

In for $50.

And I just watched the Kickstarter pass $20k while I was typing this. AMAZING. O_o

Edited by Kaliree

Just this morning I was wondering about the status of this project. I am very relieved and grateful that everything turned out as well as it has. The very moment I got the email announcing the new Kickstarter, I went there and made my pledge double what it was the previous go-'round. (Larry will know what that means.) I'm so excited!

Howdy :)

I'm new here, but I joined up to say I've backed this project. I think it's really cool that you guys were able to revive this.

I understand there's an NDA in place, but was working with SE easy enough that you'd do it again for future projects? It might be really cool if you guys could, at some point, at least post a bit about the process of getting in touch with SE and how you worked with them to get an agreement in place (even if you can't disclose the what's of that agreement). It could be really helpful for other people in the future who want to tackle a similar project if they could learn some pointers from the OCR team.

eeeee!! :D

omgosh you guys rock! ^___^

^w^ this is cool! this is so cool! Re-donating :3

You can bet we'll show you our support again... especially after all the hardship you went through. I'm so happy you and Square were able to work everything out all nice and friendly-like. Thank you guys for doing what you love and sharing it with others. :)

And now I can officially say this: THANK YOU AND PLEASE TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY. I'm extremely excited to get my copy of the album, I can't even properly express how much I'm looking forward to its release. I threw down my donation as soon as I realized I had a notification for it in my inbox.

I'm super excited for this album, and am glad to support the site where I've gotten so much of my music over the last 8-9 years or however long I've been visiting. (sorry I don't lurk the forums much)

I had a question though: The reward level to get a physical copy is $50+, and 1500 slots are offered, out of the 2000 total pressings. It looks like an additional 350 slots are offered at higher levels. That makes 1850 copies, out of the total 2000 pressings. But at $50+ a copy, you'd be pulling in $92,500 for your total. Granted, maybe you're expecting fewer of those copies to go to backers and more to be used promotionally at Cons and such, but still, with a stated goal of $30,000 for the 2000 copies, is it safe to assume that much of the funding is also being used for site upkeep and other general fundraising?

My point is not to call out anybody trying to scam anybody. In fact, I actually really really really WANT to give general fundraising money. More than any other source I would say OCR has filled my ears with fantastic music, and offered far more than my high-school- (and junior high school-) aged self ever could have repaid. Now that I have that chance, I want to give back to a site I've loved for years. I just want to be sure I'm using the proper avenue to do it.

Alright glad to see this is back! Donated again!

Just a question or two, I recall something about Jake Kaufmann doing the Opera Suite in the style of Queen in first Kickstarter. Is that still going to happen? Or did I just imagine that?

I'm personally hoping for Either Kate and someone or Maybe the Aversas to duet that bugger.

I had a question though: The reward level to get a physical copy is $50+, and 1500 slots are offered, out of the 2000 total pressings. It looks like an additional 350 slots are offered at higher levels. That makes 1850 copies, out of the total 2000 pressings.

Actually the math doesn't work out that nicely.

$50: 1500 slots x 1 copy each = 1500 copies

$100: 150 slots x 1 copy each = 150 copies

$250: 100 slots x 2 copies each = 200 copies

$500: 50 slots x 2 copies each = 100 copies

$1000: 50 slots x 10 copies each = 500 copies

That's 2450 physical albums if they max out on contributors. I suppose there'll be plenty of money to cover it if that happens, but obviously OCR is not expecting it. You can tell because there are 50 slots at the $1k level, but less than 30 physical copies of FFIV left.

With the current pledges OCRemix owes 639 FF6 albums and counting.

Anyway, I'm in at $50 again and still wish I could afford the $1k to get a copy of Echoes. :)