FF6 Balance & Ruin Kickstarter RELAUNCHED (and FUNDED)!

zircon

Yes, Jake's opera is truly mindblowing. In my opinion it is one of the very best remixes ever created, by anyone, of anything, and I don't say that lightly. That being said, there are other remixes of pieces from the opera sequence as well that are fantastic, and they all fit in sequence.

* OA featuring Moonlapse and Bardic Knowledge will kick off the Overture with a very Nightwish-style piece with metal & orchestral stylings and tons of driving, aggressive rhythm.

* Jake's piece will likely come right after that, covering a variety of themes seamlessly, including the intermediate stuff like the waltz and duel.

* The energy and drama built from the previous two pieces (which feature all male vocalists) will dissolve into a sea of atmospheric beauty with the pure Aria theme arranged in a softer, emotional style featuring Jill as Celes, AeroZ playing a gorgeous cello counterpoint line, and my own dreamy electronic production with synthetic and acoustic elements.

Basically.. lots of synergy and vocal power!

So basically, what you're saying is that our bodies are not ready nor could they ever possibly be ready for this. Is that right?

Yes, Jake's opera is truly mindblowing. In my opinion it is one of the very best remixes ever created, by anyone, of anything, and I don't say that lightly. That being said, there are other remixes of pieces from the opera sequence as well that are fantastic, and they all fit in sequence.

* OA featuring Moonlapse and Bardic Knowledge will kick off the Overture with a very Nightwish-style piece with metal & orchestral stylings and tons of driving, aggressive rhythm.

* Jake's piece will likely come right after that, covering a variety of themes seamlessly, including the intermediate stuff like the waltz and duel.

* The energy and drama built from the previous two pieces (which feature all male vocalists) will dissolve into a sea of atmospheric beauty with the pure Aria theme arranged in a softer, emotional style featuring Jill as Celes, AeroZ playing a gorgeous cello counterpoint line, and my own dreamy electronic production with synthetic and acoustic elements.

Basically.. lots of synergy and vocal power!

A nightwish style track :mrgreen:

Old or new Nightwish though, hmmm ... :???:

Either way, awesome to hear. Really looking forward to this.

As long as it doesn't involve all the drama that goes along with that band, I'm totally happy either way :-D.

I'm now expecting the CDs arrive in the post along with a letter from DJP announcing Zircon will never work with this site again as commercial interests have forever driven a wedge between any future collaboration :roll:

EDIT: Only just discovered now that Olzen's left...

Following Roy Khan leaving Kamelot last year that's 2 of my favorite bands down a singer (haven't heard the new album yet).

On the flip side Avantasia just released something and I completely missed that until ten seconds ago. :)

Edited by Swifthom

I'm now expecting the CDs arrive in the post along with a letter from DJP announcing Zircon will never work with this site again as commercial interests have forever driven a wedge between any future collaboration :roll:

Following Roy Khan leaving Kamelot last year that's 2 of my favorite bands down a singer (haven't heard the new album yet).

On the flip side Avantasia just released something and I completely missed that until ten seconds ago. :)

Yeah, it's the whole Annette thing that really bothers me. I mean we've been given nothing about why the split happened. And it was in the middle of a tour too. What the hell? There's something wrong with the way that band works, and yet they make such amazing music :(.

The new guy is actually good. He tries to sounds like Khan. The album is better than Poetry, which was tired and dragging.

Yeah he is good, they actually have very similar voices. I disagree about the album though; Poetry is one of my favorites (although it took some getting used to) and I find the new album completely uninteresting.

For one thing, if Floor Jansen becomes the new singer for Nightwish, that band will be better than it has been in years, and even better than it was with Tarja, so maybe... better than ever.

As for new Avantasia, I was like WUT?! A new one? Booted up Spotify and found The Mystery of Time (2013)! Time to hear some new stuff. I wonder who sang on this one. >:]

I prefer Ayreon over Avantasia and there's a new one of that possibly coming out this year or next year, so... pretty exciting times. :P

Edited by Brandon Strader

Some fun statistics...

* 34 tracks utilize LIVE instruments or vocals. Instruments include acoustic & electric guitar, mandolin, harmonica, whistling, sax, trumpet, cello, violin, viola, acoustic piano, clarinet, and more.

* Balance & Ruin will clock in at just over 6 hours of music (confirmed).

* There will be a total of 72 tracks - possibly 73.

* Every source has been remixed except "The Unforgiven" and "What?!"

* Counting guest musicians - and I probably missed a few - there are 64 artists involved with the project.

* XPRTNovice is MVP of the project, having arranged or performed on 6 (!) tracks total. I came in second with 5 tracks arranged & produced, tying with the illustrious Jeff Ball who arranged or performed on another 5.

* Only 23 tracks on the project have predominantly electronic elements, and this includes a number of remixes that are definitely more of a hybrid style (ambient, new age, jazzy, etc.) Excluding the hybrids, it's more like 17 tracks. Nobody can accuse us of having too much techno THIS time! :lol:

* On the other hand, only about a dozen tracks are electric guitar-driven, and this again uses a pretty broad definition including rock/electronic hybrids, classic rock, rock opera, etc.

Edited by zircon

* XPRTNovice is MVP of the project, having arranged or performed on 6 (!) tracks total. I came in second with 5 tracks arranged & produced, tying with the illustrious Jeff Ball who arranged or performed on another 5.

So is he still just a Novice? I think a rank up is in order here!

[...]and they all fit in sequence.

Whoa. Not sure I can control myself. Apologies in advance for the mess.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Woulda been 7! I actually recorded sax and clarinet parts for an orchestral arrangement that I believe ended up on the cutting room floor after some consideration by the composers... [/mystery]

XPRTBaby is in the enlisted rank structure, so she will never outrank XPRTNovice, even after she becomes XPRToddler and, subsequently, XPRTeenager.

... I do think we are looking good for May.

Thanks for responding, Zircon. I'm fairly excited for this album... Final Fantasy VI was one of my favorite games growing up. I still play it every so often, in the rare free time I have.

Also, thanks for getting my sarcastic sense of humor. ;)

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

;)