FF6 Balance & Ruin Kickstarter RELAUNCHED (and FUNDED)!

zircon

Also, Brandon as Mog? Spot on. :-D

SOMEONE had to bring the sex appeal to this trailer. Glad it was me. :-)

Hope you all love my Mog remix when this hits!

edit:

Also my opinion, this would be a great time to do some album protocol reform. I think you should post a song from the album every couple days until the album comes out, then do the normal flood (maybe 1 flood song per day until they're all out), then post at least 1 song from the album per month, if not bi-weekly, until all of the passed and waiting songs are posted.

I think this would be a great way to both promote the albums, and get project mixposts out in a timely fashion. It'll be less of an issue with FF6 because people are going to love these songs and remember the album regardless of how long a mixpost waits to be posted, but for other less exposed projects this could be a good thing to change up.

Just my 2 cents! :-)

Edited by Brandon Strader

Also my opinion, this would be a great time to do some album protocol reform. I think you should post a song from the album every couple days until the album comes out, then do the normal flood (maybe 1 flood song per day until they're all out), then post at least 1 song from the album per month, if not bi-weekly, until all of the passed and waiting songs are posted.

^this^ /10char

I think this would be a great way to both promote the albums, and get project mixposts out in a timely fashion. It'll be less of an issue with FF6 because people are going to love these songs and remember the album regardless of how long a mixpost waits to be posted, but for other less exposed projects this could be a good thing to change up.

That would be a great way to throw the fans a bone, especially if you're 6 months behind.

Then again, when this does finally come out, I'm going to be unreachable for 6 hours or so...

Listening to the first CD right now. It's fantastic. It's like I'm playing the game again, with all the emotions I felt during the first time I played. Sometimes something comes along to tell us that our childhood isn't dead, but is still thriving inside of us. This is one of those "somethings." Thanks for all the effort, guys. It was well worth the wait.

You kiddin me? I AM playing the game again - I started a fresh playthrough in my [limited] free-time when the Disc1 album came out for kickstarter backers, on the GBA re-release (wow, the translation is so much better, but ugh, gba sound is worse than snes..)

I was a little sad that it didn't get released yet, I can't wait!

Just my 2 cents! :-)

I'm not a marketing expert, but I think that concentrating project releases/floods into more punctuated, singular events helps foster buzz spikes that take word into farther reaches of the internets. Especially for audiences/channels outside of the core OCR fan base, you only get a brief window of interest before people form an opinion, share it, or decide to gloss over it next time.

That's how it seems to me, at least. Though dyed in the wool OCR fans might get hyped up with the kind of build up you describe, maybe the project-gasm model has more . . . penetration?

I still check the site several times a day to see if it's been released yet.

I heard OCR is shooting for July 1st release for the digital album. Not sure if that was supposed to be a secret or not but it was a semi-public announcement sent out to all of the project backers of which there were 2,509 so it's not exactly a secret. Benefit of having backed the project, I guess. :-D

I heard OCR is shooting for July 1st release for the digital album. Not sure if that was supposed to be a secret or not but it was a semi-public announcement sent out to all of the project backers of which there were 2,509 so it's not exactly a secret. Benefit of having backed the project, I guess. :-D

If only I wasn't broke at the time :-( I literally had a negative value checking account.

i hope sharik embezzled teh money and ussed it to finish FF5 album insted, because FF5 is way better than 6

I think if the album's release turned out to be in order to release the second installment of the FF5 albums simultaneously as a big surprise, I think all would be forgiven instantly by everyone complaining everywhere.

(gotta disagree with you on which is better though)