FF6 Balance & Ruin Kickstarter RELAUNCHED (and FUNDED)!

zircon

For anyone having trouble waiting, I just made this little demo of 'Forever Rachel' using Skrzatusz pipe organ available at www.skrzatusz.net but incredibly difficult to get working (Hauptwerk I mean. The samples are just samples.)

https://soundcloud.com/brandon-strader/ff6-forever-rachel-skrzatusz

It's not on this album. Ain't even on the bonus dvd. Just something I did to test the new samples.

For anyone having trouble waiting, I just made this little demo of 'Forever Rachel' using Skrzatusz pipe organ available at www.skrzatusz.net but incredibly difficult to get working (Hauptwerk I mean. The samples are just samples.)

https://soundcloud.com/brandon-strader/ff6-forever-rachel-skrzatusz

It's not on this album. Ain't even on the bonus dvd. Just something I did to test the new samples.

I know where those samples are going to end. :wink:

The trailer was epic! But since it's getting a praise overload from other people already, I'll balance the scales by saying that I actually didn't find some of the songs chosen for it to be that interesting.

Now I love the big production and everything, the songs didn't sound bad... But I wish there had been more emphasis on the most iconic themes.

I missed Setzer's theme, overworld themes(the Terra theme was there, though), Cyan's theme, Shadow's theme etc. I may be alone on this one, but I'm a fanboy and wanted more of the epic character themes! :( I'm sure it'll be worth the wait when the whole thing comes out, though.

Ps. A question for someone who worked on the album, is the Coin Song in there? It's a terrible mistake to think that it's just a lame copy of Edgar's theme, I mean, it has a beautiful soul of it's own... Surely it's been remixed?

The trailer was epic! But since it's getting a praise overload from other people already, I'll balance the scales by saying that I actually didn't find some of the songs chosen for it to be that interesting.

Now I love the big production and everything, the songs didn't sound bad... But I wish there had been more emphasis on the most iconic themes.

I missed Setzer's theme, overworld themes(the Terra theme was there, though), Cyan's theme, Shadow's theme etc. I may be alone on this one, but I'm a fanboy and wanted more of the epic character themes! :( I'm sure it'll be worth the wait when the whole thing comes out, though.

Ps. A question for someone who worked on the album, is the Coin Song in there? It's a terrible mistake to think that it's just a lame copy of Edgar's theme, I mean, it has a beautiful soul of it's own... Surely it's been remixed?

Oooooh you'll get Shadow's theme, alright.

damn yes damn yes.

Some songs turn out differently of what i expected, even if production wise they are nice, (just a question of taste) but some other aim on the opposite side of the spectrum.

With an album of this size it's obvious not everything will end up legendary stuff, but this album look promising (from the sample of Disc 1 backers got) Surprising song and remix made by old remixers and newer one, classic strong stuff and other i didn't find interesting on my first listening, but nonetheless good when you listen them and analyse what you're listening.

Yeah stevo (level99) covered Coin Song and I briefly included part of it in my Edgar and Sabin mix as well.

Yeah stevo (level99) covered Coin Song and I briefly included part of it in my Edgar and Sabin mix as well.

Haha, I did hear a Nutritious-vibe in that song...;) It was a trailer highlight for me personally.

Wow, you did it? What instruments did you use? Tellll meeee:D I want a behind-the-scenes fact! Which instruments are dominant???

The way I see it, there are primarily two ways to approach an album, and neither of them can possibly please everybody.

Either you've got your focused, genre-specific project like Chrono Symphonic (probably my favorite album) or Random Encounter which have massive appeal to a relatively smaller group of people, and can typically be appreciated for what it is by everyone else.

The other is to be so diverse that everyone will find a few tracks they absolutely LOVE, at the cost of those same people wishing other tracks had been dealt with a different approach.

The point is, you can give a few people an album of songs they love, or you can give almost everyone a few songs they love. Either way, it's ALL BONUS. It's a gift inspired by the artist's passion for what they're doing; whether it meets your taste or not, you can appreciate the effort that went into it. And when you remember that NONE OF THE SONGS -- your favorites or least favorites -- would exist without the project, you just say thanks for all the hard work, and enjoy the parts that you enjoy.

Wow what a nice trailer that was seriously. Can't wait to inject my speakers with what you guys came up with, dim the lights and have a little drink, eyes closed ears opened.

Good job ! And finally, the opera scene, for Real... that's the cake!

They did the opera?

Oh my lord.....

That has to be the single most challenging product of the album. Only two voices in OCR on the female side i'd want on that (so far. If there's a kick ass third we'll find out!) Not so sure about any of the male voices.

If there was a track out of there i wanted remixed it was that one. We're in dream come true or shattered dream territory with that song.

Now does my birthday come a day early (as in this launches on monday...) or right on time (tuesday) i'm going to enjoy the wait...somewhat :D