FF6 Balance & Ruin Kickstarter RELAUNCHED (and FUNDED)!

zircon

• 2 weeks later...
You don't got to check constantly, they'll send out an email when it gets released.

Oh... never realized that, I guess because I don't use the email I made my account with anymore (long time ago). Updated my email address, thanks for the tip.

Oh... never realized that, I guess because I don't use the email I made my account with anymore (long time ago). Updated my email address, thanks for the tip.

Yes! But honestly, they will probably send one out to Kickstarter backers too. I don't see why not. :-) You may end up getting a few emails, and if you have any friends on Facebook from OCR you'll know... believe me. :-)

Set your expectations for 2015.

One of these days, Kotaku is going to run with your tomfoolery and make a front page story about your misappropriation of funds, and album-never-coming-out "humor".

They've printed front page stories based on less.

I've seen them write stories based on a rumor provided by an "insider" that was later revealed to be just something they made up.

I'm assuming that this is the answer to my question, then? Well, OK. Are the royalties going to Square Enix, since OCRemix is fundraising for FFVI-related stuff? Or is it specifically going to Nobuo Uematsu, since the Kickstarter is specifically about the music and not the game itself (with the exception of possible lyrics)?

I can tell you that, at least from my own previous interactions with SquareEnix and Mr. Uematsu, that Mr. Uematsu does not directly receive royalties from SquareEnix. During one of my last conversations with them regarding royalties (sometime during FF9) all Uematsu's FF music copyrights were still property of SquareEnix directly. This meant that, essentially, his works were contracted and therefore owned by SquareEnix.

That may have changed some point during the future... but I doubt it. My bet is that they still retain copyrights to all of Mr. Uematsu's music made under his employment with them. It was likely all considered a "works for hire".

Edited by Kennedy

One of these days, Kotaku is going to run with your tomfoolery and make a front page story about your misappropriation of funds, and album-never-coming-out "humor".

They've printed front page stories based on less.

I've seen them write stories based on a rumor provided by an "insider" that was later revealed to be just something they made up.

I hope this actually happens. It would be incredible.