MIDI Guitar Controllers

Do they work very well at all or no?

Inputting guitar parts as MIDI data via keyboard or just clicking it in is a real bitch. I've used guitar pro for like seven years now and it's easy and quick to use, but the problem with it is guitar pro is of course totally separate from a DAW....where all your virtual instruments are.

So I often wonder if a MIDI guitar controller would be worth the money.

Someone i knew spent some money on something that could interpret his guitar into midi signals. I think he was inspired by Travis Larson.

I tried it for a bit and found it to be extremely unusable, but i think he had a pretty cheap one. It certainly didn't work like this

I don't think there are any options that are better than a midi keyboard right now. Maybe in a few more decades.

Someone i knew spent some money on something that could interpret his guitar into midi signals. I think he was inspired by Travis Larson.

I tried it for a bit and found it to be extremely unusable, but i think he had a pretty cheap one. It certainly didn't work like this

I don't think there are any options that are better than a midi keyboard right now. Maybe in a few more decades.

What The Gar said. plus after some keyboard practice, you'll find that playing difficult melodies on the keyboard... well anything difficult really might be eaiser.

I think I'll just re-ask this as a new question instead:

Are there any DAWs that support notation and/or guitar tablature I should look into? I hear Cubase and Protools can do it, but I've also heard it doesn't work well?

They work well. Cubase 5/6 and protocols are a bit tricky to learn and expensive. How much need do you have for notation view, and what would you primarily need it for?

I have the Roland VG-99 that works using the GK-3 for midi guitar nicely. I do most of my midi control stuff with it although it's uhhh... a touch expensive. You could see if there is anything that takes the GK-3 13 pin connection though more exclusively for midi input rather than dropping the money on the VG-99 itself.

Plus midi guitar can be a nightmare when it comes to getting it tight 8-O