Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: OCR's Finest Trainers, Version 14.3.5.1(b)

The Damned

Friend Codes:

DusK: 2667 0962 3914

[Malaki-LEGEND.sys: 1464 4889 9623

Mirby: 4556-7785-0033

Sansato: 3053 5393 2815

StreetFlare: 2752 8974 6529

covers.jpg

Oh hey, did you know the last version of this thread is, as of this post, back on page 8, and hasn't been posted in or updated since June?

That's a dead thread. I don't believe in using Max Revives, so I'm going to make a new thread instead. Seriously, fuck Max Revives. you shouldn't be able to use those in multiplayer battles.

So... less than a week away for the North American versions... Yay.

THE CHARACTERS:

playercharacters.jpg

You can be the boy, or the girl. They have names, but you're a communist if you use the defaults. Name them something cool.

Rival.jpg

This cocky bastard is your rival... but not really a rival in the sense that he's out to get you. No, he's more out to get Team Plasma, because of something to do with the plot.

Akuroma.jpg

Look at this asshole, he's clearly up to something. I suspect he's planning to steal the worlds supply of hair gel. I suspect he's using prototype microscopic anti-grav technology just to keep his hair/feather loopy thing in place, and needs the pain and suffering of pokémon to power it.

Or he could be a nice guy, but fuck that, LOOK AT HIS HAIR, IT'S NOT NATURAL.

THE POKéMON:

"Hey," you're asking, "what the hell are those new pokémon on the covers up top?", to which I say, "you're stupid, those aren't new, they're just new formes of Zekrom, Kyurem and Reshiram". Remember all those times in Digimon, where they would call for some sort of McGuffin and then two Digimon would combine and become one bigger, more powerful Digimon?

Well, they stole that from Pokémon, by way of time travel... which they also stole from Pokémon. You can look that up, it's on Wikipedia.

At some point in the story, you get to combine Kyurem (the grey Ice Dragon) with either Reshiram (the white Fire Dragon chicken) or Zekrom (the badass black Electric Dragon) to form... somthing that is the same type as Kyurem, Ice/Dragon. But it learns a few new moves doing so, and you can undo the fusion at any point.

But it's also not just Dragons. Other legendary pokémon also get the fusion fix. Serebii.net has the whole list with details.

THE PLOT:

It's Pokémon. You're not really here for the plot. If you are... I don't have the heart to say anything that would hurt your feelings.

THE NEW STUFF:

Oh, new stuff, there's lots of that. Instead of those stupid dance contests, you get something called Pokéstar Studios, where you "act" in a movie by battling, and for the first time, you can actually battle non-pokémon opponents, like machines and props.

And then you have the Pokémon World Tournament, where you can participate in an elimination-style tournament, in place of the old Battle Frontiers they had in past games. Fight against any of the Gym Leaders, Elite 4 and Champions from any of the prior games. Use the points you win to get items.

Then there's the 3DS extra, Pokémon Dream Radar. You play a Pokémon Snap-like camera-based AR game, where you find and capture specific Pokémon, which you can then send to your Black 2 or White 2 cart. Sorry, no such app for your DSi: it's strictly 3DS.

And I guess that's about it. All we have left now is to discuss the game before it comes out, discuss it more when it does come out, and then discuss it more after it comes out.

Oh, and Friend Codes. I guess we could grab those as well.

Bah, back in my day, they had Ganguro pokémon. Sure, there's some resemblance to both Nordic and Japanese legends, but it's obvious as fuck that they're based upon Japanese girls trying to be black and/or heavily tanned white girls.

It's not like Game Theory did two episodes on it or anything.

I'm up in the air about which version to get. There doesn't really seem to be any bonus to one or the other. You can unlock that hard or easy mode on either version by connecting to another player, and the exclusive areas are essentially identical, save for how they appear. Other than that, it's minor graphic touches, like certain colors in the interface, which has no bearing on anything.

The list of differences from one version to the other are listed here and here.

Some people say that when you link your Black/White 1 game to your Black/White 2 game, and open some of the little story elements, it's supposed to "be better" somehow if you stick to the same color, but I have never found any evidence of any kind to support such a vague rumor.

I guess I'll flip a coin or something. If only they had kept the Pokétch in Black and White 1; I could use the Coin Flip app.

I just pre-ordered Black 2.

I totally didn't even realize it released on Sunday, so I was waiting awkwardly while the gamestop employee I was talking to went to do some work stuff. Stood there for about 7 minutes before asking "hey dude, what about Pokemon?"; he laughed and then said "dude I thought you were just chilling out. Pokemon doesn't come out until next Sunday!" So we shared a laugh, then I went home feeling awkward.

Awesome start to a day. :-P

I think in the spirit of the season, I'll share one of my favorite memories of playing teh Pokemons.

So Pokemon Red and Blue came out when I was in the 7th grade, and at first it didn't have too much of a following at my school. Slowly but surely, however, this started changing after a few classmates grabbed Pokemon Red(I grabbed Blue because fuck Charizard), and after awhile there was a sizable amount of players from both 7th and 9th grades. This eventually led to some pretty heated matches between the grades at times, where it would sometimes be decided by whoever took out the opponents Mewtwo first.

I was playing a friendly match against a classmate of mine with a group of friends onlooking, and we had the biggest nerd moment possible. My friend brings out his Raichu, to which I respond with bringing out my Aerodactyl. Surprised, one of my friends said "dude why would you bring out a flying type against an electric? You're gonna get wailed on!" To which I camly replied as if straight out of the anime, "Aerodactyl is a dual type, so yeah he'd get wailed on under normal circumstances, but remember that he's ROCK as well, and what does ROCK do against electric?" Right at that moment I used some strong attack like rock toss or something(?), and sure enough, my friends Raichu was dead on the ground, which was followed by an exasperated "holy crap" by most of my classmates. We were IN the game at that moment.

So yeah, uber fun nerd moments. Any of you have any?

Akuroma.jpg

Look at this asshole, he's clearly up to something. I suspect he's planning to steal the worlds supply of hair gel. I suspect he's using prototype microscopic anti-grav technology just to keep his hair/feather loopy thing in place, and needs the pain and suffering of pokémon to power it.

Or he could be a nice guy, but fuck that, LOOK AT HIS HAIR, IT'S NOT NATURAL.

iseyG.jpg

They receive and deal normal damage to each other, without the use of modifiers in battle.

Other than that...

But yeah, technically, Aerodactly would have been a bad choice based upon tying... when you factor in that Aerodactly has a far better base Speed stat (and this would have been before natures that might have affected stats), even if the Raichu had higher DVs and proper EV training... it wouldn't have mattered, Aerodactyl was going to win that fight.

You should have used Earthquake, as that not only would have been more powerful then Rock Slide, but also would have been super effective against Raichu. :<

So yeah, uber fun nerd moments. Any of you have any?

As far as Pokemon? Probably mine would be the time in my second play-through of Red I caught, raised and trained six Viridian Forest-caught Pikachu and used them to sweep all eight gyms (leaders+trainers), entire Elite Four, and the champ, without using Candies or vitamins, just because I could. Fighting Brock was a pain.

Beating my cousin even though all his pokemon were a higher level (by more than 5)...because he had rare candied them all up, but mine had been trained up.

I didn't really realize the reason he probably failed so hard until later when I learned about ev's and things. Because I'm not really a competitive battler by any stretch of the imagination.

This is going to be the first game where I sit down and get all the 'cheevos.

In case any one was wondering what they were...

Most of them are simply ones you will get just by playing the game normally, and just require you spend some time doing them. It's the ones that require you to participate and interact with lots of other players that might be difficult, seeing how most of us don't live in large cities with high enough population densities that might result in such occurrences.

In the 15 years I've been playing Pokémon, I've only ever met about 4 or so other players, and I only ever managed to trade/battle/exchange game info about twice. So it seems kind of bullshit-unfair to be excluded from certain parts of the game simply because we don't have other players nearby.

And of course, the fucking Global Link bullshit that should have been in the game to begin with, and not some webpage... that still annoys me.

In case any one was wondering what they were...

Most of them are simply ones you will get just by playing the game normally, and just require you spend some time doing them. It's the ones that require you to participate and interact with lots of other players that might be difficult, seeing how most of us don't live in large cities with high enough population densities that might result in such occurrences.

In the 15 years I've been playing Pokémon, I've only ever met about 4 or so other players, and I only ever managed to trade/battle/exchange game info about twice. So it seems kind of bullshit-unfair to be excluded from certain parts of the game simply because we don't have other players nearby.

It's Japan's own way of saying fuck American players.