Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: OCR's Finest Trainers, Version 14.3.5.1(b)

The Damned

I'm only 2 gym badges into White 2 and I've pretty much decided on my team for the rest of the game. I have an odd habit of mostly picking from pokemon that are found fairly early in the game, so most, if not all, of my team is already on hand. This may not be the best way to build a team, but it's worked for me so far. I may put more consideration into what pokemon go into my team and what moves they learn when I do another run of a different game, but I'll stick to what I know for now.

Genesect and Volcarona: godly dual Bug-type team of DESTINY!

Yeah, yeah, I know... using legendaries... but Volcarona isn't actually a legendary, and Genesect was a freebie. Besides, for the first two gyms, he barely did what I wanted him to do (due to traded+higher level), and he really helped with some of the tougher earlier battles where I had no other type advantages.

Also, alien bug monsters are cool.

I'm finding the first three or so gyms and everything that happens up to that point to be kind of... unguided. Sort of.

I know it's pretty much a linear path throughout the game, but at some points, I honestly had no idea where I was supposed to go and do. I didn't recall anyone saying anything about a place or a person I was supposed to go to. I just kind of wondered around until I found the next point along the path.

Once I got to the mainland and started going around the old routes, I found them to be really uninteresting because one, they aren't that different, aside from some pokémon appearing that weren't there in BW1.

But I do think the plot won't be what I play this for. I think the access to move tutors, special in-game events and some useful post-game items like the thing that makes shinys appear more often are what I'm really going for. Being able to breed, train and customize your team in BW2 seems to be easier and with more more options than in any other game to this point.

Hah, yeah, when I first encountered that I was like "Whoa, is that a new shiny animation?" :)

Also, it would be easier to trade a Pokemon to BW2 from Black/White if you have already imported Pokemon from the Gen 4 games since you wouldn't have to catch them again. And you don't have to beat the game to trade between BW2 and BW like you do to use the PokeTransfer.

:U

holy CRAP YOU CAN CATCH N'S OLD POKEMON IN THE WILD!!!!!!

I haven't confirmed it myself yet, but apparently, all of N's pokémon have IVs of 30 across the board. That means you have high stat pokémon without having to breed for them. If you want to, you can use them to breed you own, and those high IVs will carry over to yours.

Combine that with the various other post-game catching, breeding and training stuff they added, and it's looking like this is the game for serious training.