RWS 1-1 - ReMixing With the Stars: Season 1 Episode 1: Spooky!

MindWanderer

Really sorry, I can't believe it's the 20th already. This month has been a huge kicker for me.

Is there any way I can beg for an extension? The following Monday would be great. On top of working I am also back to being a full time student as well and with exams being as heavy as they've been this past week and the next if I don't finish what i'm working on tommarow then i'm not going to make the deadline.

Just wanted Garpocalypse to know he's not alone.

Appreciated...:-P

No extensions. You've had a week and a half, and there are 4 days left. I'm not going to add almost a whole week onto something that's supposed to be a monthly competition.

...But i've decided to pull out of this competition. I think RwTS is still a great idea but under the current amount of time that's given to work on a remix I don't think this can reach it's full potential. Roughly 1.5 weeks is hardly enough time to both write a remix and be able to learn some new things from your star. Honestly a format closer to DoD's monthly competition would be just what this competition needs to achieve what it was created for which was to allow for under experienced remixers to better understand what it takes to get a remix up to OCR standards, and to learn a few new techniques for music production. Something that can't be done if you are scraping for free time over the course of not quite two full weeks.

Sorry to have to do this but when I signed up I thought the competition's end date was going to be later in the month than it ended up being. Good luck everyone. I'll be listening to the results for sure, which by then should be a slower part of the month for me i hope.

Apologies to Syllix who i was looking forward to learning from.

Appreciated...:-P

...But i've decided to pull out of this competition. I think RwTS is still a great idea but under the current amount of time that's given to work on a remix I don't think this can reach it's full potential. Roughly 1.5 weeks is hardly enough time to both write a remix and be able to learn some new things from your star. Honestly a format closer to DoD's monthly competition would be just what this competition needs to achieve what it was created for which was to allow for under experienced remixers to better understand what it takes to get a remix up to OCR standards, and to learn a few new techniques for music production. Something that can't be done if you are scraping for free time over the course of not quite two full weeks.

Sorry to have to do this but when I signed up I thought the competition's end date was going to be later in the month than it ended up being. Good luck everyone. I'll be listening to the results for sure, which by then should be a slower part of the month for me i hope.

Apologies to Syllix who i was looking forward to learning from.

you should still submit whatever you have so far. no matter how bad you may think it is, i guarantee you learned at least 1 thing while working on it. :)

I have mixes from shadow24, The Eluryahn, ProjectSpam, Trism, and Rozovian (for Cash and Change). I know not to expect one from Garpocalypse, but that leaves Dafydd. A little less than 2 hours left for him to submit and for anyone else to update.

Incidentally, Garpocalypse, I'm not sure where you got the idea that there was less than 2 weeks for mixing. It's exactly 2 weeks from pairings to deadline, minus an hour or two for me to actually do the pairings.

Edit: Oh, I forgot: Could everyone please provide a link (YouTube is fine) to your source material? Not everyone will be familiar with all the sources, and use of source is the most important factor in voting. Thanks.

Submitted my first wip, which was all I had time to make, sadly. I didn't even have the time to do the things Sir Nuts told me about regarding clipping and such! He did provide me with a source, though, and the little I had time to do is very different from anything I've done before, so even if I didn't really finish the WiP... hold on. Exactly how much time do I still have left?

EDIT: Holy crap, I still have an hour left!? Well damn. Can I replace my submission with a new file if I do so before the deadline?

Submitted my first wip, which was all I had time to make, sadly. I didn't even have the time to do the things Sir Nuts told me about regarding clipping and such! He did provide me with a source, though, and the little I had time to do is very different from anything I've done before, so even if I didn't really finish the WiP... hold on. Exactly how much time do I still have left?

EDIT: Holy crap, I still have an hour left!? Well damn. Can I replace my submission with a new file if I do so before the deadline?

Sure. 40 minutes left.

Done it. Link is the same.

I should probably clarify AGAIN that if you think my song sounds like shit, don't think Sir Nuts had anything to do with it, because none of it is his fault. Just for the record. I got started with this too late and had no time to apply his advice.

EDIT: I also misspelled his username in the filename.

Well because of busy schedules, Garpocalypse and I won't be submitting something on time. That being said, this is a learning experience and I've been PMing Gar back and forth, so hopefully we can end up submitting something later on purely for listening pleasure. I think I can speak for both of us saying that it's better to submit something late and still learn from the experience rather than to give up.

Mixes are up. I'll compile the sources and add them to the title pages shortly. Edit: Done. Youtube links listed next to the contributors.

Well because of busy schedules, Garpocalypse and I won't be submitting something on time. That being said, this is a learning experience and I've been PMing Gar back and forth, so hopefully we can end up submitting something later on purely for listening pleasure. I think I can speak for both of us saying that it's better to submit something late and still learn from the experience rather than to give up.
I'll be happy to add it to the album as a bonus mix whenever you get it done.