Fit Club ahoy! Where men are bros and women are also bros!

OceansAndrew

I read somewhere that there is as much as a five percent error when using these things but as long as you don't get any wild unpredicted results you can still use it to gauge your progress.

My sentiments exactly. I don't know how accurate my scale (Ozeri Touch II) is at telling me what I currently am, but steady changes in the right numbers tell me it's pretty good for tracking progress.

I've probably run about 10 miles in my vibram 5-fingers so far, and despite it being really awkward and taking a lot of concentration to keep my stride and posture in line, I don't feel as though I am injuring myself. I've also notified my wife that I will probably have the sexiest calf muscles on the east coast if I keep running on my toes like this, because wow were those muscles sore.

Ok guys, I lost 9 pounds in 6 days. The next 6 days I've lost 0. I haven't changed my diet at all. I'm eating nothing but salads, vegetables, chicken, fish, and atkins protein shakes. Does it always only work this much?

Weight loss isn't usually gradual, and you are probably just retaining water.

Keep at it for a few more weeks and if then you are still not seeing changes, then we can help you re-calibrate. You can't expect to lose 9lbs consistently every 6 days, that isn't quite how your body works. 12 days is a super low sample size of data, and you probably won't be able to even think about tracking anything until after a month, and even then, predicting anything is questionable.

Ok guys, I lost 9 pounds in 6 days. The next 6 days I've lost 0. I haven't changed my diet at all. I'm eating nothing but salads, vegetables, chicken, fish, and atkins protein shakes. Does it always only work this much?

Alot of health programs and fad diets and whatever bank on you losing a few lbs in a week in order to convince you their program works.

Most likely you lost 9 lbs of water and that was about it. When I first tried to bulk up one month I got up to about 197 lbs (and i was really happy with that too) then roughly two weeks of going back to my usual workouts I lost 15lbs like it was nothing.

Don't give up changes can happen but it takes time and daily commitment. A quick loss of weight shouldn't change your attitude any more than a week of no loss at all. Keep your head in it!

But 9 pounds of water is over a gallon. There's no way I could have lost that much volume.

in 6 days? you definitely can. I drink/piss more than a gallon both ways a day, let alone 6. You seemed fine with a sudden 9 pound decrease in fat, and water is infinitely more likely.

You can argue all you want, and choose to believe whatever, but until you actually think for yourself and do some research, you won't have any long term success. Either take someone's program and follow it for a minimum of 6 months and see where you are at, or do a ton of research on your own, find out what works for you, and have success that way. There is no miracle solution, and nothing is going to be fast, but this is your entire life we are looking to improve. If there was a 'secret' or if it was easy, everyone would be completely fit.

Edited by OA

Both ways? You... what? :twisted: How do you drink and piss interchangeably? :-o

I been eatin ectogemia's damn no carb thing but I'm too cheap to buy a scale so I'm using the one at work that weighs in increments of 20lbs. :)!!

2 important points: 1) it ain't no carb; 2) buy a damn scale, dude...

edit:

too cheap to buy a scale

And yet you bought several video games the day before, haha :P

Edited by ectogemia

The key to weight loss I've been talking about this whole time. Finally, someone gets it.

I took your advice straight to the ass. I haven't gotten fast food in what feels like 4 days, haven't been unusually tired, have had energy and haven't been hungry, eating these low crab foods.

I've also been sleeping like 12 hours a day.

You can get imitation crabs if you don't want to get the real crabs. I had imitation crabs when I was in highschool. I prefer having actual crabs.

And just in case we haven't run this into the ground enough

Studies show artificial crab causes mutations in vitro, and research performed in animal models suggests that imitation crab may be linked to high cholesterol. I would really stick to grass-fed, grass-FINISHED crab.

Studies show artificial crab causes mutations in vitro, and research performed in animal models suggests that imitation crab may be linked to high cholesterol. I would really stick to grass-fed, grass-FINISHED crab.

I went fishing for crabs with hunks of chicken when I was a kid. Somehow I caught two crabs. I still think it's amazing because when was the last time you saw a roaming pack of crabs running down a chicken?

Soul, Blame Strader for hijacking the thread. Though I think he opened up on a poignant issue. Proof reading your posts. :)!!

So, my progress has slowed (naturally) but I'm still steadily heading in the right direction.

Feb. 25 --> March 25 --> April 29

Weight: 196 --> 184.6 --> 178.8

BF %: 15.5 --> 12.8 --> 11.3

Water: 59 --> 61.4 --> 62.9

Muscle: 42 --> 42.6 --> 43.8

I guess I didn't realize how much fat I had gained in trying to bulk for the last couple of years; it sure didn't look like I had an extra twenty pounds on me. But now the muscle is really coming out to play, so iz nice.

Edited by Soul Splint

So, my progress has slowed (naturally) but I'm still steadily heading in the right direction.

Feb. 25 --> March 25 --> April 29

Weight: 196 --> 184.6 --> 178.8

BF %: 15.5 --> 12.8 --> 11.3

Water: 59 --> 61.4 --> 62.9

Muscle: 42 --> 42.6 --> 43.8

I guess I didn't realize how much fat I had gained in trying to bulk for the last couple of years; it sure didn't look like I had an extra twenty pounds on me. But now the muscle is really coming out to play, so iz nice.

AWWW YEAHHHH. Perfect rate of weight loss for muscle preservation, too. You gon' b ripped.

AWWW YEAHHHH. Perfect rate of weight loss for muscle preservation, too. You gon' b ripped.

I better be. I have a lot of self-discipline, but after several long months those Doritos Locos taco commercials are starting to get to me...And I'm pretty sure the meat they're using doesn't fit your guidelines for grass-fed beef :grin:

I have a lot of self-discipline, but after several long months those Doritos Locos taco commercials are starting to get to me..:grin:

I think those would have to be pretty easy to make. Get a bag of Doritos, put some fish or whatever on it and melt some cheese on top. It's going to be more than 2 bucks but it would have to be better for you. After taking a quick look at Taco Bell's ingredient list I was surprised to see Silicon Dioxide in some of the main ingredients. Processing Aid?! Who are they trying to fool here. The best part is they tried to deny it and say they never put sand in their food, then they listed it on the ingredients list!! If you are going to lie you have to commit to it!

http://www.tacobell.com/nutrition/ingredientstatement

There, that should help you! Read some of that and see if you still want anything from them.

Edited by Garpocalypse