Fit Club ahoy! Where men are bros and women are also bros!

OceansAndrew

that's awesome news! What are you going to attach the rings to? That sounds pretty sweet.

To the only place in my house I can attach them to, my doorway pullup bar. It's the kind that sticks out a bit so that's good, probably better for rings than the one that sits right in the frame. I definitely won't be doing iron crosses on them, but then again I won't be doing iron crosses anywhere. :lol:

Edited by Argle

Would anyone be awesome enough to post your top ten songs for going all beastly in the gym? OCR or non-OCR, either way...

Hi, I haven't worked out in some time but here is a list of music that I used to listen to when working out.

1. Rage Against the Machine - Know Your Enemy

2. Matallica - No Leaf Clover

3. The Prodigy - Omen

4. Oasis - Falling Down (The Prodigy Remix)

5. Ronald Jenkees - From the Arrow Loop

6. The Indigy - Apache*

7. tefnek - Contra Snow Field OC ReMix

8. The Prodigy - Voodoo People (Pendulum Remix)

9. Dj Dain - Robot Rock It Over Baghdad

10. Daft Punk - Televison Rules the Nation, Crescendolls

* There are 2 versions of this song. The

you can find on Youtube and on The Indigy's official website. There is another version that you can also find on Youtube

that will appear under "Indigy - Apache" with a background image of The Prodigy (I know it doesn't mean anything it's just a pic) but it definitely sounds like a remix, maybe by The Prodigy (who knows)... I can't find any information on The Prodigy's offcial website though... Anyway, I use the second version. I feel it has more power to it, you'll see if you check out both.

Hope that helps :)

Hi, I haven't worked out in some time but here is a list of music that I used to listen to when working out.

'Preciate it!

Random vanity question for everybody: at what BF% do you start seeing your abs? Mine typically start showing up at a little over 11, but that's according to my scale, which I think is a little overzealous in it's fat measurement. I'm trying to calculate when to start my cut, and I'm leaning toward the beginning of January, because common knowledge says that is the most important time of year to exercise...

'Preciate it!

Random vanity question for everybody: at what BF% do you start seeing your abs? Mine typically start showing up at a little over 11, but that's according to my scale, which I think is a little overzealous in it's fat measurement. I'm trying to calculate when to start my cut, and I'm leaning toward the beginning of January, because common knowledge says that is the most important time of year to exercise...

about 11% here as well, and i generally bulk around 10-12%, and once i hit 180lb, i'll cut back down to about 8%. I'm currently at about 10.5%

I know how that feels; in Florida this weekend I was only getting about half my daily calories, and over 4 days, that's basically 2 days of not eating. My workout yesterday was embarrassingly bad. :-(

Just gotta recover and get back on track. No use in going on tilt, you gotta save those occasions for when you are playing League of Legends; at least that is what I do. :P

Hack squats are something i've been wanting to try myself, I think i'll give it a shot too today. We shall prevail!

'Preciate it!

I can see mine but I think I'm closer to 13%. I have a really strong core so maybe its just shining through but that's above average

Hack squats are something i've been wanting to try myself, I think i'll give it a shot too today. We shall prevail!

I enjoyed them, but something really sad happened. I asked one of the trainers who the "hack squat expert" is in the house, to see if they could check my form. She checks around, and one of the guys said, "Oh yeah, the machine's in the back by the plate row machine." (Misunderstanding the question).

I said, "No, I'm using a barbell, I just want someone to check my form and make sure I've got it down."

"I have no idea about that," he said. I died a little on the inside. But pretty sure I did them well, everything felt clean and I'm tight where I'm supposed to be tight.

Tried some pistol squats yesterday for the first time. Only like 7 or 8.

Yeah my quads are on fire today. Damn. I don't do regular squats because I find them boring and easy, but these will be a good addition.

I love pistol squats! how much weight did you use? Kettlebells are best I think, since they are easy to hold and keep balance :-)

lol, weights? :lol: Sir, you are talking to someone who hasn't done any quad exercises for months. The other day I was thinking hmm, I shouldn't neglect my legs like this. Balancing didn't seem to be too difficult, but as I was doing them I thought jeez, I hope my quads aren't going to hurt as much tomorrow as I think they will. And they do. :-) I'll definitely try to add weight after I get the bodyweight pistols down.

keep it up guys!

I tried split squats on tuesday and my legs are absolutely dead, was a great experience and I'll be doing more next week!

I actually had two friends try weighted pullups for a few weeks straight, and when they did regular ones, they both hit new records. Anecdotal, yes, but seems to be a solid correlation. I have noticed similar effects myself, which is sweet. :D

Since I have free time, feeling down, and I'm sitting on my ass all day, I've been told I should exercise!

I am complete and utter noob to exercise so I have no idea where to start. :( Halp! (I won't have access to a gym due to funemployment)

If you have no gear, pushups and bodyweight squats are best. Getting a pullup bar would be excellent too, nothing beats pullups.

The elementary school playground by my house is actually, like, an awesome park for exercising. It's got different heights of pullup bars, parallel bars, monkey bars, all the fun stuff. Not all playgrounds have those things. The real kicker is that almost no one ever uses it.

I actually practice parkour on playgrounds all the time. They're great.

Well I did something to my shoulder. I've been noticing it when I push my car door open. Like, wow, am I getting weak cuz it's a bit hard to push the door open? Nope, just pain. Yesterday was pretty bad. Pain when I raise arm out to shoulder level height. Not sure if it's rotator cuff something or other. Before I freak out and go to the doc I'm going to discontinue the exercises that hurt in their range of motion, particularly pullups. That's my best guess as to the cause, since I just started doing weighted and explosive pullups. Let's see if it'll get better if I'm careful in my range of motion.