Fit Club ahoy! Where men are bros and women are also bros!

OceansAndrew

Progress!

I started counting calories over 2 months ago, but I've only been tracking my weight on May 30th. Start weight was 189.8, going up to 191.6. I'm now at 185. Love seeing that trend.

Unfortunately my lifts are pretty stagnant or with very minor increases (squat, some leg extensions) which sucks, but it means I'm not losing muscle at least.

This inspired me to lock down my nutrition and really focus on getting after my goals. I want to be able to have a huge ramp for bulking this fall/winter, so I am headed down to 7% BF. I've never actually been to 7% before, so we'll see how that goes. Currently my fat mass is at 17.64lb, or 10.5% BF, so I need to lose 6lb of fat.

here is a pic at about 11% BF, so it's pretty close to what I am working with.

selfie.jpg

MY BALLER SPREADSHEET

the above link is my daily basic plan, and it is very easy for me to maintain that. Veggies are basically free, so don't think I am skipping out on them, if some broccoli or green beans head my way. :-)

Fats may be a bit low, and carbs a bit high, so I will adjust as needed. Guys, keep me accountable, I needz your powerz!

If we are talking about ninja warrior, look at this guy, he is a beast! With his weight, I thought there was no way for him to get through the stage. I think he could have done it if not for the little slip up in the end.

Yeah! That's an old season of it, called Sasuke.

I'm a parkour instructor :smile: We do this kind of stuff all the time. APK is actually near me, but I go to a different gym called Urban Evolution.

Dude, that's awesome. xD

Ok guys, most of the chest pain has gone away. But now I'm skipping beats and I think I'm having a heart attack every time it happens. I don't drink any caffeine(actually the only I thing I drink is water.) I have no stress in my life, never used illegal drugs, I've stopped all medication except for asprin..... the symptoms started 10 days after I stopped heavily exercising. The skipped beats occur about every 5 minutes while sitting down. Every 15 minutes while lying down, and about every 2 hours while working.

Went to the ED Monday morning at 12:15AM and was out by 5AM. They did an EKG, blood draw, CT Chest with contrast, and chest xray. Everything came back healthy. The ED doctor diagnosed it as widespread thoracic inflammation and told me to stay on an anti-inflammatory. Since then, I've been getting better by the day except for this irregular beat. Oddly enough, I feel fine when I exercise though. After the workout.... my chest hurts a bit more and the skipped beats occur more frequently. I'm thinking about getting an appointment with the heart center.

Ok guys, most of the chest pain has gone away. But now I'm skipping beats and I think I'm having a heart attack every time it happens. I don't drink any caffeine(actually the only I thing I drink is water.) I have no stress in my life, never used illegal drugs, I've stopped all medication except for asprin..... the symptoms started 10 days after I stopped heavily exercising. The skipped beats occur about every 5 minutes while sitting down. Every 15 minutes while lying down, and about every 2 hours while working.

Went to the ED Monday morning at 12:15AM and was out by 5AM. They did an EKG, blood draw, CT Chest with contrast, and chest xray. Everything came back healthy. The ED doctor diagnosed it as widespread thoracic inflammation and told me to stay on an anti-inflammatory. Since then, I've been getting better by the day except for this irregular beat. Oddly enough, I feel fine when I exercise though. After the workout.... my chest hurts a bit more and the skipped beats occur more frequently. I'm thinking about getting an appointment with the heart center.

do that. also keep exercising. :-)

I checked my stats after starting, and I am at

Fat Free Mass: 161.16lb

Fat Mass: 16.09lb

Body Fat %: 9.1%

overall seeing good visible progress, and I am hyped! Seeing a plan executed gets me really excited, and I am pretty sure i will be able to maintain this easily enough until I reach my goal. :-D

So, basically, you at 9-10% bf and me at 7.5% percent bf look almost exactly the same, definition-wise.

In other words, bite me.

:grin:

I would have to say my rotator cuff problem is maybe 90% healed. Things that I could absolutely not do 3 months ago, I can sorta do with minimal discomfort. Not that I am going back to handstand pushups or ring flys any time soon. But it's nice to be getting more and more back into strength stuff, recently started back with pullups. Going slow and carefully.... very slow and carefully. I won't be having a brOA physique anytime soon. :lol:

Edited by Argle

I checked my stats after starting, and I am at

Fat Free Mass: 161.16lb

Fat Mass: 16.09lb

Body Fat %: 9.1%

overall seeing good visible progress, and I am hyped! Seeing a plan executed gets me really excited, and I am pretty sure i will be able to maintain this easily enough until I reach my goal. :-D

Awesome stats. I am not at the point where I want to know my BF% (probably like 22% right now) but my new lowest weight is 183.4. Highest during this whole thing was like 191.6 so I'm making a real dent in that number.

I would have to say my rotator cuff problem is maybe 90% healed. Things that I could absolutely not do 3 months ago, I can sorta do with minimal discomfort. Not that I am going back to handstand pushups or ring flys any time soon. But it's nice to be getting more and more back into strength stuff, recently started back with pullups. Going slow and carefully.... very slow and carefully. I won't be having a brOA physique anytime soon. :lol:

Awesome news. I didn't have quite the struggle that you have, but I still remember the week when I realized mine was pretty much healed. Big smiles.

Well guys, I have 2 things to say. First is that crunches make you pass gas.

And second is that my best friend just proposed! You know what that means right? I need to work out hard to look good for his wedding! lol

P.S. Just so you know I haven't quit since the other wedding last month. Just taking it a little easier though. I even beat my pull up record today. So how is everyone else doing?

I even beat my pull up record today. So how is everyone else doing?

Alright, you're starting to freak me out with how quickly your pull-ups are progressing. Are you doing them from a dead hang? If so, that is really remarkable, and evidence that you need to start mixing up your training, because you could probably be doing scary good at other things as well.

I was doing fine, until I found out my gym is closed next week. I haz a giant sad; this will be the first non-vacation off-week (not deload week) that I've taken in years, unless I decide to hit another gym. The only reason I'm not really considering that is because I'm pretty much due for a deload anyway. Sigh. First-world fitness problems.

Well, it was actually chin up. And no, I don't go all the way down. That would cut my reps in half. However, I've always known that if I wanted to, I have the capacity for an extremely powerful body. It's just finding the motivation and inclination.

So no weights huh? Well there's always cardio that you can do. But it just doesn't feel the same.

I easily ran 4 miles today and I usually stop at 3. Right now just keeping each mile under 8 minutes.

My cardio is outpacing any muscle gains, but I feel the extra weight when running.. slows me down a bit.

Also considering shaving bald so I can stop buying Toppik and save money, but that's neither here nor there.

• 2 weeks later...
Progress!

I started counting calories over 2 months ago, but I've only been tracking my weight on May 30th. Start weight was 189.8, going up to 191.6. I'm now at 185. Love seeing that trend.

Unfortunately my lifts are pretty stagnant or with very minor increases (squat, some leg extensions) which sucks, but it means I'm not losing muscle at least.

185? More like 181.8.

8G877lQ.png

Fat can go to hell. FINALLY starting to see some visible improvement on my belly fat. Gonna go to 170 and see how it looks.

So...dude in the gym chalks up, chalks up some more, chalks up again, then walks over to the dumbbell rack, slams his hands together creating a massive cloud of impossible-to-clean-up chalk dust, then proceeds to do...dumbbell bench press.

Of all the muscles I was training that day, I managed to strain my brain watching this.

that is so so bad, yet hilarious to me, did he try to clean it up at all? :P

You're kidding, right? That would be way too rational for someone who created that mess in the manner that he did.

Three cheers for DA! The world needs more bro-ettes.

Oh, kitty. Exercising indoors in summer w/o air = UH-UH. Nope.