Fit Club ahoy! Where men are bros and women are also bros!

OceansAndrew

Ahh no wonder. You weigh more than me but you're about 5x as ripped, haha. I'm at 175.2 right now but 5'9 so I'm still kinda fat. Very very nice progress though, grats!

Thanks, man! I finally got my macros figured out about 4 months into the comp, and it's making all the difference in the world. That, plus that 7-step plan I mentioned helped a good bit to show my progress at the end (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/7-scientific-steps-to-camera-ready-body.html).

Since you and OA asked, I'll tell you this plan was not super-easy to follow, but it was definitely worth it. I'd do it again. It really challenges you on the last few days, though: I was eating 4-5 plain baked potatoes per day at the end to overstock my glycogen. I also couldn't find pixy sticks, so I had to go with Smarties, which are also pure dextrose, like he recommends. And that last day I only had about 30 ounces of water, though he says to try and stay under 20 (I just couldn't do it). I'd say this plan gave my physique about a ten-percent boost, so worth it for an actual contest, but probably not worth it for a standard weekend at the beach.

Thanks, man! I finally got my macros figured out about 4 months into the comp, and it's making all the difference in the world. That, plus that 7-step plan I mentioned helped a good bit to show my progress at the end (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/7-scientific-steps-to-camera-ready-body.html).

Since you and OA asked, I'll tell you this plan was not super-easy to follow, but it was definitely worth it. I'd do it again. It really challenges you on the last few days, though: I was eating 4-5 plain baked potatoes per day at the end to overstock my glycogen. I also couldn't find pixy sticks, so I had to go with Smarties, which are also pure dextrose, like he recommends. And that last day I only had about 30 ounces of water, though he says to try and stay under 20 (I just couldn't do it). I'd say this plan gave my physique about a ten-percent boost, so worth it for an actual contest, but probably not worth it for a standard weekend at the beach.

good to hear, your progress is super legit, nice work for sure; how was your mood as you got closer to D day? What was the bulk/cut split for the program? I gotta know! :D

I'll definitely be reading and re-reading this, and I am going to be working with a coach for a physique show next May. After a quick look at what he is working with, he said I have a good chance of placing very well, so that is pretty cool. I'll keep you guys up-to-date on things if you are interested. Currently it is time to keep on lifting and trying to gain a bit backwise and armwise. I am definitely motivated to keep it moving but may have unrealistic expectations. We'll see.

good to hear, your progress is super legit, nice work for sure; how was your mood as you got closer to D day? What was the bulk/cut split for the program? I gotta know! :D

I'll definitely be reading and re-reading this, and I am going to be working with a coach for a physique show next May. After a quick look at what he is working with, he said I have a good chance of placing very well, so that is pretty cool. I'll keep you guys up-to-date on things if you are interested

For the first four months I ate at 500 cals above my TDEE (about 3,000), but never let my carbs get above 30% of my daily calories (I'm carb-sensitive for an ectomorph). For the last two months I cut down to about 2,200 cals a day and kept my carbs below 20%, and started hitting the sprints hard. This time I'm going to bump my carbs up a bit so I can try to find my "line" for optimal muscle growth. I was honestly expecting more of an impact on my mood than what I experienced; other than being a bit crabby because I was thirsty and craving salt and protein, I didn't really notice any other ill effects. I definitely tired out more easily, though.

And yes, I'd very interested about your progress for the show and what programming your coach puts you on.

the number are bull. You're 100% boyfriend material and don't let the haters tell you otherwise. 100% beef as well if you were a burger. Put some cheese on those nips.
You flatter me, sir. Edited by Soul Splint

So after finally recovering from two foot injuries, I'm actually pretty positive I injured my rotator cuff reaching for a dish in the kitchen. Like now I can't take off T-shirts without pain.

I cannot fucking stand being injured...

NOOOOOO. Not the rotator cuff. Damn man, hate to hear that. Here's hoping it's more superficial than it sounds/feels.

I don't think it was a tear. It just needs rest. I didn't realize what I had done when I was in the kitchen (seriously, who injures their rotator cuff reaching for a dish) and I went and worked out afterwards, which was a bad idea. Been about 10 days now and it's getting better, but it's so easy to re-injure.

Edit: Here's a 10 second parkour video of me in London to depress me further at the things I cannot do right now

After slicing my leg open, I feel pretty confident and am heading back into a regular routine. I'll be going before work most days so somewhere between 10-12am probably.

I worry that it may be busy and I wont be able to get into the equipment I need thus possibly not getting in my full workout. My roommate says it's fairly busy sometimes too.

How can I work around this without extending my time in the gym too much?

I worry that it may be busy and I wont be able to get into the equipment I need thus possibly not getting in my full workout. My roommate says it's fairly busy sometimes too.

How can I work around this without extending my time in the gym too much?

I would go in with a flexible plan. For example, if you're planning on working your back, identify as many options as possible to work the muscles you're targeting, then use the equipment that is free/least busy. Can't find a pull-up station? Use a lat-pulldown machine. That taken too? Find a free barbell and do some Pendlay rows. No barbells? One-arm dumbbell rows. No dumbbells? Go alpha on the pricks hogging all the equipment and take what you need.

Haha yes, seconded. I didn't take any good 'before' pics and that makes me sad :P

BTW weight update: last month I was at 178.2, currently at 173.2. Though some of that might be dehydration due to the heat being on now... but hey, I weighed that two days in a row so it must be true! I am really looking forward to going to MAGfest with, essentially, a new body :<

Haha yes, seconded. I didn't take any good 'before' pics and that makes me sad :P

BTW weight update: last month I was at 178.2, currently at 173.2. Though some of that might be dehydration due to the heat being on now... but hey, I weighed that two days in a row so it must be true! I am really looking forward to going to MAGfest with, essentially, a new body :<

please wear your 'BIG Z' shirt so I can recognize you :-)

also, we will have to get an OCR workout in at the pretty legit Gaylord workout room, I think that'd be pretty fun. :-)

Can I brag for a second? Plz? Only because upper-body stuff used to be so difficult for me, especially pull-ups. When I first started doing wide-grip pullups, I did 7 reps on my first-ever set (this was about 8-9 months ago). Yesterday, I did 8 reps on my SIXTH set. First set was six reps with a 25-pound weight. Full-extension on every.single.rep.

I was STOKED.8-)

can i brag for a second? Plz? Only because upper-body stuff used to be so difficult for me, especially pull-ups. When i first started doing wide-grip pullups, i did 7 reps on my first-ever set (this was about 8-9 months ago). Yesterday, i did 8 reps on my sixth set. First set was six reps with a 25-pound weight. Full-extension on every.single.rep.

I was stoked.8-)

beast mode engaged!

Can I brag for a second? Plz? Only because upper-body stuff used to be so difficult for me, especially pull-ups. When I first started doing wide-grip pullups, I did 7 reps on my first-ever set (this was about 8-9 months ago). Yesterday, I did 8 reps on my SIXTH set. First set was six reps with a 25-pound weight. Full-extension on every.single.rep.

I was STOKED.8-)

That is pretty great progress, nice work staying focused on the long term, patience is the worst part about all this stuff, but it is pretty much the only thing that pays off, so seeing you reach some goals helps motivate me for mine too. Thanks for the update. :-)

Yes very nice work! You're tearing it up. Get that upper body strength.

Neblix: Soreness is not NECESSARILY an indicator that you're training too hard / not hard enough. These days I don't get as sore as I used to. Of course you do want to be challenging yourself in each session (otherwise, you won't benefit nearly as much) but just because you're not sore doesn't mean you're not working hard.

What's your routine like?