Fit Club ahoy! Where men are bros and women are also bros!

OceansAndrew

Last two days I woke up to a rooster crowing. Right outside my window about 20 feet away on the other side of a mostly dry riverbed. Today when I woke up I went outside and chased it for 15 minutes through through the overgrown vacant lot while carrying a big stick. I felt like a slasher movie.

So..... how many points is that? lol

Seeing as this is how Rocky got in good enough shape to challenge and eventually beat Apollo Creed, this has got be worth 10k at least.

My right pelvic leg joint is finally healing, so I might be able to get back into exercise again.

Bout fucking time too, I officially have the fattest ass in all of Ocremix. My ass is so big right now that Ken Ham is using it as proof that science is hogwash and he's building a creationist museum on the left cheek. I fart ONCE and Earth as you know it gets blown into the sun! If your work days have been seeming longer lately, it's because my fat ass is tripling the planet's gravitational weight and throwing off its orbit. I got constipated the other day and the only way to relieve it was to pay the Japanese government $2.6 billion dollars to drop a hydrogen bomb into the anal gorge.

It's big I tells ya!

Edited by Meteo Xavier

My right pelvic leg joint is finally healing, so I might be able to get back into exercise again.

Bout fucking time too, I officially have the fattest ass in all of Ocremix. My ass is so big right now that Ken Ham is using it as proof that science is hogwash and he's building a creationist museum on the left cheek. I fart ONCE and Earth as you know it gets blown into the sun! If your work days have been seeming longer lately, it's because my fat ass is tripling the Earth's gravitational weight and throwing off its orbit. I got constipated the other day and the only way to relieve it was to pay the Japanese government $2.6 billion dollars to drop a hydrogen bomb into the anal gorge.

It's big I tells ya!

what did i just read

Deadlift is moving on up. Approx. 6 months ago, my 3-rep max was 320, and it was far from pretty (max effort, wore me out, form broke down, etc). Today, I pulled 300 with clean form for 6, 5, 4, 4, and 3 reps.8) Am happy.

I'm still going to haunt you with this.

deadlift-fail-o.gif

Also, got a funny image for you. The run I did recently uploaded all of their photos and I found me crossing the finish line. An incredible 600 people were running with me. Halfway through there was a water station and I grabbed a cup from someone and got a gulp. But the problem was there was no where to toss it and I wasn't just going to throw it on the ground like everyone else. So I finished the second half of the race with a cup in one hand and a flashlight in the other. Since I didn't know how to pace myself, I had a lot of energy at the end of the race and I could have done better. But as soon as I saw that finish line, I ran the fastest I have ever run in my entire life for the last 200 yards. Just look at my face, it's hilarious! Sure the picture looks like a jog, but I was sprinting like no other. I even passed about 8 people in that final stretch.

14hh_finish_121_zps7302c5b1.jpg

Also, I haven't worked out since that race because I left my MP3 player in my pocket when I washed it. I just ordered another one so I'll be back in the gym soon.

Edited by Thin Crust

Well, the thing I was worried about when I started deadlifts happened this morning... I threw out my back doing them. I normally don't exercise in the morning, I skipped my last day though and was trying to make it up quickly before work. Big mistake. Not the worst bad back I've had, but this is the first time this has happened. :-(

Well, the thing I was worried about when I started deadlifts happened this morning... I threw out my back doing them. I normally don't exercise in the morning, I skipped my last day though and was trying to make it up quickly before work. Big mistake. Not the worst bad back I've had, but this is the first time this has happened. :-(

I am sadface for you. Hope it feels better quickly.

I finally am starting to not look like a frail, thin but with belly weakling. I also just pushed myself to 3x10 sets of 40 lb Shoulder press, up from the last time two weeks ago when I did 1x10 of 20 and 2x10 of 30. I'm starting to understand how willpower factors in.

I remember being amazed when I really came to grips with how much of a mental game lifting can be.

• 3 weeks later...
Last I posted I was at 173.2.. new weight is 166.4. If I keep pushing hard I will hit 160 by MAGfest! Starting to see some abs!!

niiice, I am doing a month-long cut so i don't look like garbage at magfest myself. My gym just got an amazingly beautiful remodel, but in all the chaos, my favorite piece of equipment was taken out or good. :'-(

All the stuff I really need is still there, but no more ego-lifting for me.

niiice, I am doing a month-long cut so i don't look like garbage at magfest myself. My gym just got an amazingly beautiful remodel, but in all the chaos, my favorite piece of equipment was taken out or good. :'-(

All the stuff I really need is still there, but no more ego-lifting for me.

I'm guessing the iso-lateral plate press, aka the point-whore :)

Hey guys! As I said on the MAGFest thread, it's been a real long time for me. Again.

Anyways, I need some help from you dudes and lady dudes. A week from today, 12/13/14, I will be testing for my second degree black belt in Tang Soo Do. I expect this test to be very long and grueling. To give you an idea of the scope here, my test for my intermediate red belt (two belts ago) was about 4 hours long.

This past year I have been continuing to work on overall strength and muscular endurance. My regimen has been 5/3/1 on bench one day and again on squat another day out of the week, Fight Gone Bad (a Crossfit workout that is supposed to simulate the 3 5 minute rounds of a UFC match,) bag work, and my martial arts training, which has been generally one day a week plus bits and pieces throughout the other days. I've done a fair bit of bonus workouts as well, such as doing kendo once or twice a month.

I've gotten into the best shape of my life at this point, at a lower weight than what I weighed in high school, better lifts, and solid cardio.

I say all this to ask what all I should do over this coming week (other than train, natch.) I know I should taper, but to what degree? Normally I would hit my arms reasonably hard on this coming Monday, with bench (3 warm-up sets and then 3 working sets of 3 reps,) some other arm stuff, and then probably working the bags for like 20. Then I would do little on Tuesday until I go to class that night for a couple hours of martial arts training, 3's of squats and then the bag probably on Wednesday, and Tang Soo Do training again this coming Thursday. Friday obviously I'm not gonna do much, but how would you suggest I lessen my workouts on the previous days, and to what degree? Natch I need to do a lot of stretching, but what else?

Another big question is nutrition. I know I need to super-hydrate and carb load, but what would you guys suggest as far as that goes? Pasta and stuff I know, but what all, really?

Thanks in advance, guys!

Hey guys! As I said on the MAGFest thread, it's been a real long time for me. Again.

Anyways, I need some help from you dudes and lady dudes. A week from today, 12/13/14, I will be testing for my second degree black belt in Tang Soo Do. I expect this test to be very long and grueling. To give you an idea of the scope here, my test for my intermediate red belt (two belts ago) was about 4 hours long.

This past year I have been continuing to work on overall strength and muscular endurance. My regimen has been 5/3/1 on bench one day and again on squat another day out of the week, Fight Gone Bad (a Crossfit workout that is supposed to simulate the 3 5 minute rounds of a UFC match,) bag work, and my martial arts training, which has been generally one day a week plus bits and pieces throughout the other days. I've done a fair bit of bonus workouts as well, such as doing kendo once or twice a month.

I've gotten into the best shape of my life at this point, at a lower weight than what I weighed in high school, better lifts, and solid cardio.

I say all this to ask what all I should do over this coming week (other than train, natch.) I know I should taper, but to what degree? Normally I would hit my arms reasonably hard on this coming Monday, with bench (3 warm-up sets and then 3 working sets of 3 reps,) some other arm stuff, and then probably working the bags for like 20. Then I would do little on Tuesday until I go to class that night for a couple hours of martial arts training, 3's of squats and then the bag probably on Wednesday, and Tang Soo Do training again this coming Thursday. Friday obviously I'm not gonna do much, but how would you suggest I lessen my workouts on the previous days, and to what degree? Natch I need to do a lot of stretching, but what else?

Another big question is nutrition. I know I need to super-hydrate and carb load, but what would you guys suggest as far as that goes? Pasta and stuff I know, but what all, really?

Thanks in advance, guys!

Well, three days later than when you asked, but here goes:

Because you expect the test to be grueling, I would not do anything above mildly strenuous for 4-5 days beforehand. Personally, I would reduce the volume of my training by around 50% for any of those training days falling within that window, and probably would not train at all for the 1-2 days directly before the test except for mild stretching/foam rolling etc.

Your diet leading up to it depends a bit on the individual, but I would take it easy on the carbs (especially processed carbs such as pasta) until 1-2 days before the test. Then I would begin a moderate-high carb intake (40-60% of your daily calories) of mostly low-glycemic sources (lentils, sweet potatoes, etc.) Directly before the test (1-2 hours) you can add in some more of the higher-glycemic sources, such as bananas. PM me if you want to discuss further. Good luck!

Well, three days later than when you asked, but here goes:

Because you expect the test to be grueling, I would not do anything above mildly strenuous for 4-5 days beforehand. Personally, I would reduce the volume of my training by around 50% for any of those training days falling within that window, and probably would not train at all for the 1-2 days directly before the test except for mild stretching/foam rolling etc.

Your diet leading up to it depends a bit on the individual, but I would take it easy on the carbs (especially processed carbs such as pasta) until 1-2 days before the test. Then I would begin a moderate-high carb intake (40-60% of your daily calories) of mostly low-glycemic sources (lentils, sweet potatoes, etc.) Directly before the test (1-2 hours) you can add in some more of the higher-glycemic sources, such as bananas. PM me if you want to discuss further. Good luck!

Hey thanks for the advice! Events have actually made it so that I haven't worked out this week thus far at all, and just a little this past weekend. I plan to get some light lifting and cardio today in addition to some more light training. Going easy has been strange, but I think I can be patient given the circumstances. I've been hydrating quite a bit and upping my carbs already a bit (bread, lentils, potatoes,) and will continue with this.

Dinner the night before I was thinking of making some spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread. My breakfast plan for that morning: bacon, eggs, bagels with cream cheese, banana, berries. Whatcha guys think?

I'm also going to stretch a lot starting today.

Hey thanks for the advice! Events have actually made it so that I haven't worked out this week thus far at all, and just a little this past weekend. I plan to get some light lifting and cardio today in addition to some more light training. Going easy has been strange, but I think I can be patient given the circumstances. I've been hydrating quite a bit and upping my carbs already a bit (bread, lentils, potatoes,) and will continue with this.

Dinner the night before I was thinking of making some spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread. My breakfast plan for that morning: bacon, eggs, bagels with cream cheese, banana, berries. Whatcha guys think?

I'm also going to stretch a lot starting today.

seems reasonable enough to me, good that you have a specific plan and goals for yourself!