Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine - Mean Bean Dreams

mikeblastdude

Hey everyone! Haven't been on here in a while...

Anyway, I have a remix that I'd like to share with you all. This is a remix of what I guess you could call the "main theme" from Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (I mean, you hear it for the first eight stages), with a little bit of the main menu music thrown in. I hope you all enjoy it!

YouTube link:

MP3 link: http://www.taposse.com/remix/MBM_-_Mean_Bean_Dreams.mp3

I have a ton of good memories with this game. Glad to see there are other people that like the music as well.

I really liked the style that you put into this, the drums in particular were fun to listen to. The various drum breakdowns were a nice touch, and I feel that they really compliment the mix as a whole.

There were only two things that I noticed. Even though there was a lot of interpretation put into the drums, I think it would help to develop the arrangement a little more. Perhaps it would be best to put in a little solo section, or play with the melodies a little more. It may even help to give some counter harmonies to help make the song sound more interesting.

The other thing that I noticed is that the plucked lead synths that you are using sound a little dead. I really like the style your going for, but I honestly think that those synths are holding the mix back. It may be a good idea to play around with them a little and give them a little more energy, or perhaps add another lead synth later on to develop the sound scape.

Don't get me wrong though. I love the style you've chosen! Those drums are by far the best highlight of the song. Hope to hear more from you! :)

Yeah, I remember playing countless hours of this. Good times. (Still a Puyo Pop ripoff, but a Puyo Pop ripoff with a catchy soundtrack, so it's all good.)

I do agree that the mix could use a bit more depth, maybe adding some different harmonies to tie the drums into everything else a little more.

It's a great start, though.