OCR02503 - Mega Man X3 "STING"

djpretzel

I estimated myself as being 1 in 4 O-Clocked fans who liked this one. I didn't see this coming. Just 2 more until we have 20 Maverick Rising singles. One of those two will probably be "Dusty Dune Devil", the Overdrive Ostrich remix. The other will probably be "I Am The One Who Designed and Built Mega Man X". I also wanted to clarify... is the first half of "STING" Blast Hornet and the ending Neon Tiger?

This track came out of left field for me - the first I saw of it was it in its completed state. Josh did a solid job as usual though.

I should mention that there are more than that to be posted from the project :) . I wish some of the other contributing artists subbed their tracks, there's some good stuff there.

*Looks at Protricity* Congregation of the Fallen is WAAAY undercredited!

• 2 weeks later...

This ReMix really surprised me first time I heard it, cause I wasn't expecting it at all. It shows that Josh isn't just a funky Mixer, and he can still add funk to heavy-hitting sounds. I just have to say I love how dirty the beginning is. I really do. The "buzzing" part of Blast Hornet's stage always seems to get left out in favor of the main melody, so hearing a harsh, gritty take on it was great. I especially loved the plucking "flight of the bumblebee"-like area around 0:55 into it. Using the opening/password pieces to transistion into Neon Tiger was a good way to keep the energy and grit up before letting us off easy with a little bit of funky Tiger. Awesome ReMix.

I wasn't aware of the MMX MR actually being done. Oh dear. But this track really grabbed my attention. Knowing Joshua Morse's direction with his tracks. Its not just a remix, but a completely new song. And its something worthwhile to share and indulge. Its gritty, awesome, and a solid tune.

(and it just made my day even better!) =D

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02503 - Mega Man X3 "STING"