Mega Man 5 - Stone Man Theme

Pizzatime

Hey there OC ReMix community! I just registered here today, being in the search of a community revolving around remixing video game tracks for quite a while now, and I hope I found it here!

I've been doing this kind of stuff for something like 4 or 5 years now, focusing more on video game remixes for the last year or so.

So, hopefully to be off to a good start, here's a remix of the Stone Man Theme from Mega Man 5, which I worked on and off for a couple of months, which is pretty long for my standarts. I'd be thankful for any kind of criticism, suggestions or whatever you can think of.

Also, please feel free to point out anything odd about my post, since I'm not completely familiar with the guidelines, rules, and general behaviour around this forum yet.

First off, welcome aboard!! :D Secondly, yesssssss Stone Man! I fucking LOVE the Mega Man 5 OST (Charge Man was my boy in a competition here a year ago).

Awesome, full-sounding chiptune soundscape. Tasteful drum incorporation, and nice cuts (the end was a bit much for my taste though).

This is pretty different from what the OCR judges are looking for if you want to submit something to be posted by the site, though still insanely fun just to share with the community. This is a great place to get feedback and hone your craft. Kind of in a rush at the moment, but hopefully if you need more info about the community, someone will be able to give a more in-depth explanation (though in regards to this post specifically, nothing is out of place or weird or any of that, if you were concerned about it)

Nice first post, keep em coming

pH

I love what you did with the second half of the song. That type of cut-work has a special place in my heart, coming from a hiphop background. I'd actually like to hear something similar for other MM5 themes as well.

OCR doesn't accept remixes with direct samples for the most part unless it's vocal or sfx, so it's not something I would submit, but I enjoyed it.