OCR02505 - Metroid Prime 3 "Melting Sun"

djpretzel

It's really great to see Melting Sun approved by OCRemix, it truly is one of the most outstanding tracks on the album in my opinion. Christopher has done a great job at re-imagining the tense and epic Rundas battle as a gentle, piano piece, almost reflective of the sadness that follows through his death, corrupted by Dark Samus. The contrast between the original and Pyro Paper Plane's approach is vast, but welcome.

I've worked with many musicians on both Harmony of a Hunter albums, but Chris stands out a little more than most of them. I consider Chris a friend. I've known him for many years and i've seen just how far he has come, and it makes me really happy to see him getting some recognition here at OCRemix. Keep your eyes on this guy OCR, he's not done yet!

Christopher will be providing three tracks to the upcoming Harmony of a Hunter: 101% Run expansion, which will be released next month. Thanks OCR for your continued support for HoaH, it means a lot.

Melting Sun. The name makes me think of warm butter because it's also molten and yellow. This song has only 1 instrument. Simple piano melodies are personally not my favorite, but I respect them and they do have their merits. In a most surrealistic fashion, this track evokes an image of eating nothing but warm butter for breakfast.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

This is the kind of solo-piano ReMix that damn near makes a person cry. Lots of emotion, terrific playing and superb production quality. Not to mention it's so awesome to hear this kind of source get a solo-piano treatment that seems to add, rather than take away, from the source. Very cool.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02505 - Metroid Prime 3 "Melting Sun"