Awful Games In Awesome Series *SPOILERS AHOY!*

Jax Mandrake

It's not bad per se, but it was disappointing because you can see how Rare wanted to make a platformer but all the ideas just weren't brought to fruition.

It's kind of like how Doom 3 is not too shabby on its own, but it's not really Doom. On-topic because Doom is an awesome series, booyah.

Though my favorite of those old iD games is Rise of the Triad.

And of course, Duke Nukem 3D is even better than those games. But that's not iD.

As for MvC3, good and bad can be said about it. However, I found the first two more fun because of their features. You know, the cartoon graphic style + having lots of awesome people. Losing people we didn't want to lose is what hurt MvC3.

unless i'm mistaken, isn't the metal sonic in Heroes different from the one in Sonic 3? I thought he was yet another attempt at a robot Sonic, and therefore a new character.

The Metal Sonic in there was shown devolving from that... monster thing to the Sonic 3(&Knuckles) version to the Sonic 2/CD version. Metal Sonic is Metal Sonic. Now, Silver Sonic 1/2 are different. Perhaps Mecha Sonic is different too.

Since you mentioned it, Prince of Persia 3D was the biggest crock of shit.

I dunno, I liked the speed kills and shit in The Two Thrones. Not saying that it was the best game ever, but I enjoyed it.

Nuts and Bolts is great, people were expecting the style of the other games, and were pissed when they got something different. Recycle the same formula over and over again, and people will love it. Try something new and interesting, good luck. Once you get past the initial shock, and consider its merits, it's actually a ton of fun. It was a blast making all these insane vehicles to complete the challenges and explore the world. Flying was just so much fun.

I'm so excited for the new Darkstalkers, but damn, once more with that shitty, blocky, ugly, over-muscled cel-shading... Gah.

I just read this post now, did a google search.

and OMFG! Playing classic Darkstalkers online in Darkstalkers Resurrection? And a fourth game at long last, even with shitty art style!? I'm excited as hell. Mainly because I have an unhealthy obsession with classic monster movies.

So naturally, I love that Darkstalkers stuff.

Seriously fucking hoping that they include "Trouble Man" at the end credits of at least one of the new releases.