OCR02508 - Wolfenstein 3D "My Loved Ones Are Gone"

djpretzel

Excellent, more Wolfenstein love! I like.

This reminds me an awful lot of the 28 Days Later soundtrack, where it starts lonely with a guitar, builds, builds, and builds to epic grungeness. I could envision hordes of undead running down the street to this track. (And yes I mean all of that in a good way.)

"In The House - In A Heartbeat". Awesome track.

And that goes for this remix as well. Great to see some more PC mixes pop up.

There need to be MOAR remixes of music from this game. Because in game these days the original music is really drab, mediocre and too repetitive(Not to mention is a bit of a mediocre showcase for FM synth). It shows it's age certainly, but this remix breathes new life into this game's soundtrack.

I've been thinking of doing a remix like this of this song for a while since i've been replaying Wolf3D. But looks like someone beat me to it. And did it extremely well too. (Aside from some mixing issues. The leads have a bit too much high end and sound a bit piercing. Rhythms are a bit too bright as well, the clean guitars could've used that brightness instead I think)

Great work.:nicework:

• 1 year later...

Awesome. While I do agree that the drums among a few other little things could do with a little sprucing up, all in all, I think this ReMix carries out the musical message and feelings that I think you were after fairly well. Not bad at all, pretty good debut mix.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02508 - Wolfenstein 3D "My Loved Ones Are Gone"