OCR02509 - NiGHTS into dreams... "Lies Within Dreams"'

djpretzel

Congrats, LulzA!

This is great change of pace to listen to, although I can't wait her next piece of guitar wailing badassery, it's refreshing and one of the mixes I listen to most from that album (the other is Slumber on a City Corner). Only thing I found just a tiny bit jarring was the ending - I almost though the file had downloaded properly.

Thanks djp and everyone for the kind words! :)

And yeah, it really doesn't sound like Aladdin's sountrack or Zimmer's work, but they were huge inspirations, I can only hope I can be a fraction of their awesome one day.

Just to clarify something though, the bagpipe sounding thing is actually a Zurna. And it's my new favorite instrument, always looking for an excuse to use it in a song. :P

Just to clarify something though, the bagpipe sounding thing is actually a Zurna. And it's my new favorite instrument, always looking for an excuse to use it in a song. :P

The Egyptians love using this instrument in weddings and celebrations. Even some mainstream songs have it. I think it's Turkish in origin though. Immediately gives a Middle Eastern vibe.

• 11 months later...

Yeah, now that's funky! I just love hearing the organ and piano going to work here, and I can say that the Zurna really helped nail down the Middle Eastern sound. Unexpected (for what preceded it) and interesting. Great ReMix and a great part of the album.

• 1 year later...

Actually, the mix is divided into some parts, but they work together pretty well. Oh my, that guitar is so funky! The choir at 0:50 was a nice touch. Damn, the piano is really bouncy here. I also like how the organ repeats the melody played by the guitar for the first time. Arabic part ftw! Awesome mix. It deserves more reviews.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02509 - NiGHTS into dreams... "Lies Within Dreams"'