Recent games with great soundtracks

Mykah

Another vote for anything Jeremy Soule if you like big orchestral soundtracks that can range from the epic to the textural and ethereal. He's also quite good at ethnic orchestral stuff, like Guild Wars: Factions and Guild Wars: Nightfall, and I noticed he also did some of the asian music for the recent Mists of Pandaria expansion to World of Warcraft.

If you want something with really defined melodies, this is going back 5 years or so, but Laura Shigihara's soundtrack for Plants Vs. Zombies is brilliant.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember liking the music for Fragile Dreams for the wii. Also the Mana Khemia games had some choice tracks, especially the first game. I'll also agree with Hotel Dusk and Bastion. Haven't played many recent games, does Zone of The Enders HD count? :-P(Played the PS2 originals, 2nd Runner had an AWESOME soundtrack)

I personally am a huge fan of the Lost Odyssey soundtrack - IMO it's one of Uematsu's best.

I also like the Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Legendia soundtracks.

I've not tried Lost Odyssey but looking up some of the music it doesn't sound too bad at all. And as for Tales of Vesperia I wasn't too impressed with the music at first.. then I ran into https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F7qoeBOhBo&feature=relmfu And was rather pleased with what I heard. From then on out there were more tracks that began to stick out in my mind. Was a real good game.

I actually really dug the Alan Wake Soundtrack, and not just for

either.
does a great job with capturing the
of the game, both in and out of it.

I've also got to cast a vote for Bastion, Radiant Historia (play this game, it's awesome) and Shatter.

I liked Assassin's Creed overall, even if the theme from Revelations sounds too much like Nolan's Batman, otherwise they tend to be

Gotta shout out to Intrusion 2. It's got a heavy soundtrack, and one of the reasons I feel it's a good soundtrack is that I was able to know exactly the level the song was for when I listened to it from the link. It shows that each track was distinct enough for me to catch it. Oh, and while you're at it, buy the game on steam. It's great.

Another great soundtrack is dustforce. Super chill, but still has some energy to it to keep it going.

Monster Tale. This is kind of an older game, I just loved the game, and the music went great with it. Has a great SNES feel to it.

Monster Tale. This is kind of an older game, I just loved the game, and the music went great with it. Has a great SNES feel to it.

I actually beat that game recently. It does have some nice tunes. I think what I remember most is that I played it while watching Spice and Wolf and the voice for Holo on that show also did the voice for Ellie, which I did not notice until the credits since there really wasn't much voice acting in the game, but a fun coincidence nonetheless. :razz:

Has anyone mentioned Assassin's Creed III yet? Cuz holy fuck that music is awesome. Liberation, too.

The music that plays when you're doing a Boston Brawler mission is just. So freaking cool. And they called it Fight Club. Freedom Fighter track is good too.

Btw, hi all! :P