PRC230 - Mechanical Attack!! (Command & Conquer)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 230

PRCv9-22

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Last round Parasite Eve's Wheel of Fortune was remixed. DrumJ8 entered the challenge, but his song was overpowered by Hoboka who claimed victory. Now it is time for PRC230, which is the 100th PRC I run as administrator.

This round's source is selected by Hoboka:

The C&C series needs more love on VGmusic and OCR =(

Anyhoo, this is not all that difficult, compositional wise, but emulating the atmosphere and sfx may be a bit of a challenge, if you're going for a more conservative feel. If you wanna go liberal, my biggest suggestion to you is to focus on the bassline, regardless, for it's the strongest and perhaps most recognizable part of this track, imo

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/computer/microsoft/windows/G_TiberianDawn_Mechanical.mid

PRC230.jpg

Source: Command & Conquer (PC) - Mechanical Man

MID

Wikipedia

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by TUESDAY October 30th 2012 at 11:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  5. The winner of last round cannot take part in the competition, but is free and encouraged to submit a bonus mix.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Now it is time for PRC230, which is the 100th PRC I run as administrator.

Wow well thanks for keeping it going, it's definitely a fun competition!

..I uploaded my different kind of remix of the song to thesauce :razz:

Probably the quickest remix submission in history..

I wasn't really planning on making time for this round - too damn busy with school, work, and jiu jitsu.. But this sounds like a really really really fun source, I'll try to make something if I can :sleepdepriv:

I wasn't really planning on making time for this round - too damn busy with school, work, and jiu jitsu.. But this sounds like a really really really fun source, I'll try to make something if I can :sleepdepriv:

One of the fastest for sure. In PRC196, Toilet Goat submitted pretty fast as well.

Wow well thanks for keeping it going, it's definitely a fun competition!

Good, good, can't wait to see what you guys can come up with. I've actually tried a hand at remixing this source tune and have 1 completed version and another half completed. First one didn't make the OCR panel, and 2nd one, well I ran out of inspiration :( But maybe I can get some closure with your guys' takes on Mechanical Man :<

EDIT

Also WOOT WOOT at PRC 230 and Bundaslang's 100th compo as admin :D Keep the good times rollin' Bunda <3

I know rite :D Also don't forget about my prize for winning last round ya slacker :3

2nd EDIT

Didn't realize that you had quoted Toilet Goat, so I ended up deleting a quote within a quote. Amazing how the brain works when drunk >.<

One song, one winner. Toilet Goat wins by default. Voting is open, so you can leave comments if you want. You are free to post them in this thread as well.

Congratulations Toilet Goat, you win. You may select the source for PRC231. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix).

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

Send your source as fast as you can, but before Friday