NEW TORRENTS are FINALLY out! ReMixes 1-2500 AVAILABLE!

Liontamer

1. Install uTorrent.

2. Run Torrent file.

3. Choose destination folder.

4. Hit OK.

5. Wait for like 15 minutes.

I checked the page. I forgot to mention that even though O-Clocked means well, I'm a bit paranoid about computer viri and diseased files. (The [mu]Torrent Plus costs 25 Daura to protect from diseased torrents). Not to mention how many Gigabytes the torrents might take up. My gut is telling me this new torrent is not for everyone.

How I wish to download this in 15 minutes u.u

Anyway, GTAHater (funny name), if you are paranoid about viruses and stuff, shouldn't you have an antivirus to protect you against the harmless OCRemix torrents?

I DO have an antivirus, but something tells me there's a loophole; If a virus comes enclosed in a diseased download (in this case, I fear [mu]torrent, not O-Clocked), that it would slip through the cracks and cripple my computer. If it's not that bad, it shows how little I know about cybervirology.

Besides, I also have memory to worry about. I have to weigh the bytage of the downloads with my remaining memory and how much memory I may need in the future. The only solution to that is to set the priority to "Low" and delete these torrents to make room if it comes down to that, so I suppose storage is a moot point.

But back to my previous question: Do diseased files have loopholes to penetrate antivirus software?

Visiting a website like ocremix and downloading mp3s from it and/or its mirror sites wouldn't be any more safe than using the torrent files, afaik. The internet is a dangerous place.

Maybe the mirror sites, but I doubt a website dedicated to a niche interest such as remixing video game soundtracks would be an effective way to lure massive crowds into a disease pit. And if you thought that perhaps O-Clocked was some pathogenic science lab full of diseases, why would you join the community with such a degree of distrust? Besides, if I want to find a ReMix, I'll go to the YouTube page for it instead (no point having the YouTube channel otherwise). And you're all forgetting it's nothing related to O-Clocked I'm targeting; It's ONLY [mu]torrent, *** ****it! If you think [mu]torrent is diseased, tell it to Neblix, the one who directed me to that software. YOUR CLAIM IS FULL OF HOLES!!!

Maybe the mirror sites, but I doubt a website dedicated to a niche interest such as remixing video game soundtracks would be an effective way to lure massive crowds into a disease pit. And if you thought that perhaps O-Clocked was some pathogenic science lab full of diseases, why would you join the community with such a degree of distrust? Besides, if I want to find a ReMix, I'll go to the YouTube page for it instead (no point having the YouTube channel otherwise). And you're all forgetting it's nothing related to O-Clocked I'm targeting; It's ONLY [mu]torrent, *** ****it! If you think [mu]torrent is diseased, tell it to Neblix, the one who directed me to that software. YOUR CLAIM IS FULL OF HOLES!!!

uTorrent's a perfectly fine program to use and it's what I use. I'll admit, I don't quite get what you're so concerned about, but if you're basically asking "Is it safe to install uTorrent on my computer, or will uTorrent somehow infect my computer with a virus?" then everyone's telling you it's fine.

The uTorrent program itself is safe. To ensure you don't install any bloatware, just pay attention to each step of the installation process.

A client cannot infect files by itself, not unless it's been modified. A client's job is to download whatever files you've told it to download. uTorrent will do that without problem, so will BitTorren and other torrent clients.

The only virus you can get is from downloading a torrent that's been infected. If someone else is seeding an infected file, then you could get a virus, otherwise it should be safe.

This sounds more like a rant of paranoia than anything.

And no, there's no place to download the files without a torrent. Too much bandwidth, and that'd be close to 10 or 12 gigabytes of data trying to be downloaded as a single file (or three). Not smart, and almost impossible to complete without complications in some form or another. Using uTorrent won't kill you, we promise. Just be careful of the .torrent you use.

Guys, he's trolling.

I wasn't motivated by attention. I really wasn't convinced [mu]Torrent was safe before. Anorax is right, it was a rant of paranoia until I was disarmed. I should've told the community years ago that I have a long history of over-worrying, anxiety, and fearing things that are harmless. I may be prone to irrational fear, but I can assure you I am not an attention whore.

So I noticed this when going around for higher quality encodings of mixes to replace the lower ones prior to the VBR1 switch - apparently, the final 13 seconds of DarkeSword's "Lore Hunter" are cut off abruptly.

I'm not so sure if it's an error on Shariq's or Larry's end, but I thought it should still be brought up. Hoping this would get fixed as soon as you can.

So I noticed this when going around for higher quality encodings of mixes to replace the lower ones prior to the VBR1 switch - apparently, the final 13 seconds of DarkeSword's "Lore Hunter" are cut off abruptly.

I'm not so sure if it's an error on Shariq's or Larry's end, but I thought it should still be brought up. Hoping this would get fixed as soon as you can.

The lossless version from HoaH ending cuts off due to their crossfading (poo), so I'll get a proper one from DS if he has a WAV, or just use the previous version. Thanks for the catch!

ReMix: EarthBound 'Twoson Hits the Road'

The old torrent and site download of this song is 160kbps and 3:18 in length. The YouTube preview is 3:26 long. (The difference is silence at the end.)

:!::!::!: The new torrent and site download is VBR and 2:45 in length. :!::!::!:

Oh noes! :tomatoface:

So I did a little audit to compare my old and new music collections. The comparison is really imprecise since my old collection is several years out of date, many artists have changed their names, the song names are formatted differently now, it was previously impossible to extract the game name from the track title alone, the names of games have changed (e.g. "Zelda 3" is now "Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past"), and so on. I really wish the old files embedded the OCR#'s where I could find them...

As fuzzy as my match was, I did spot a few things.

As was mentioned in the 2500 torrent announcement, some tracks had silence removed. One notable example is Red Dimension which was shortened by sixteen seconds. A couple songs lost seven or eight seconds. Dialima tu Kafe and Techtris Type Z lost ten or eleven minutes each, but that's just because the old encodes had wildly incorrect lengths (according to Winamp).

The only thing I could find that was clearly a truncated song (not just silence removal) was Twoson.

With more time I could do a better audit, especially if I could match the old songs against their OCR#'s, but...

If anyone's interested I can share the code I wrote.

Yep. We'll fix it up with the next update along with some other minor tagging corrections and other higher encodings.

Andy, djpretzel already compiled a detailed list of the revisions: http://ocremix.org/info/Torrent_Update_v20121012

You were able to attain WAV files for many of these tracks, so will there ever be a lossless torrent of assorted remixes?

For now, those aren't in the plans. We'll see how many WAVs I can pull together over time.

• 2 weeks later...
can someone please explain to me why the 1 to 1000 torrent has only 865 files? are the missing tracks the album only songs?

Some songs have since been removed, as I recall; I know that's at least partially the reason. Lemme find the changelog for you.

Found it right here.

I'm sure staff can give you a more in-depth explanation. Hope that helps though.