OCR02512 - Mega Man 9 "Concrete Heart"

djpretzel

One of the nuggets of gold found in the Concrete Man EP (looks at Sir_Nuts). I've stated before that AkumajoBelmont's vocals are spectacular, and I've always admired the musical stylings of the man formerly known as Prophecy.

Also, I must say that one of the sound effects in the chorus sound's exactly like my dorm's fire alarm. Gets me every time.

Not a bad remix, yet personally "For You" was way superior from a stylistic and lyrical standpoint. I like the glitch effects in the vocals and the arrangement itself was solid, but I'm not as hooked to the lyrics and singing even though the production is better than Akumajo's last track. "For You" is a very hard track to top off though, so props for trying to do so.

Akuma's voice is the musical equivalent of really good Thai food, but better. Put him together with Jason Covenant, who knows how to play Akuma's strengths better than anyone and come up with a brilliant arrangement with delicious sounding production, and you have this.

If Jason and Akuma made an album together I could listen to it on repeat endlessly, and never have to take my headphones off ever again.

Akuma's voice is the musical equivalent of really good Thai food, but better. Put him together with Jason Covenant, who knows how to play Akuma's strengths better than anyone and come up with a brilliant arrangement with delicious sounding production, and you have this.

If Jason and Akuma made an album together I could listen to it on repeat endlessly, and never have to take my headphones off ever again.

if they made an album together, world peace would be achieved.

I remember the other vox track this artist made awhile back. And that tune was solid, and this one should be praised. It really delivers a fun idea behind how a Mega Man boss actually feels. And to be honest, it makes me wish this was an in-game theme. Awesome track!

Such a fun remix! Solid production all around, but in particular the glitch effects are perfect. Not too extreme, they retain some softness and are just so darn fun. Those catchy pop-strings are another highlight.

It's not often a song makes me smile so much, hence me finally making my first post.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I personally always love it when a ReMix sorta looks into the world and view of the Robot Master it represents. Lyrics fit right in to Concrete Man and I love Akuma's vocals over them. Great use of vocal and musical glitching. This is really catchy, especially in the chorus. The entire arrangement seems as solid as......well.....concrete.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02512 - Mega Man 9 "Concrete Heart"