Mew-Genics, Team Meat's Latest Game

Mirby

Cats are adorable.

Team Meat games are not.

I'm concerned for how cats may be mutilated here.

That was my knee jerk reaction, then I thought about Binding of Isaac and how a child is being mutilated. Then I giggled a little at how people react different to the misfortunes of people vs. animals. >>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics

Just in case anyone is a little loose on the title of this game.

Eugenicism was seen throughout many parts of the world in the 1930's-1940's. Sadly it still continues to this day but we rarely hear about it in other parts of the world that still have this way of thinking.

I haven't seen anything about gameplay but I can surmise quite a bit. :)

Pass. (yes i'm aware that i'm judging this game based on the title alone, which is a rarely seen form of Video Game Eugenics, so don't bother pointing that out.)

Nazi Kittens are nothing to glorify. :<

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics

Just in case anyone is a little loose on the title of this game.

Eugenicism was seen throughout many parts of the world in the 1930's-1940's. Sadly it still continues to this day but we rarely hear about it in other parts of the world that still have this way of thinking.

I haven't seen anything about gameplay but I can surmise quite a bit. :)

Pass. (yes i'm aware that i'm judging this game based on the title alone, which is a rarely seen form of Video Game Eugenics, so don't bother pointing that out.)

Nazi Kittens are nothing to glorify. :<

ALSO!!!!

The first attempts to standardise IQ tests in America resulted in many people being declared retarded or severely mentally deficient. This is due to mistranslations from the original format (which was designed for children and for a different language). However people loved these IQ tests as a way of standardising intelligence for the first time and used it as a solid measure.

This led to the Eugenics movement, resulting in unauthorised forced sterilisation (portrayed in the form of a simple check up to decieve people) of those who were deemed too dim and as a way of protecting America's gene pool.

Eventually the offending IQ tests were revealed as a sham, partially due to leading politicians in America scoring horrifically low.

So yeah Eugenics is bad.

However I think this game is focused just on mutations rather than forced steralisation.

• 1 month later...