Sonic CD: Temporal Duality - History

SuperiorX

Well not all of them... We still have like 8 left :-P

I sent you my request with an audition mix that represents what i would be doing with Collision Chaos (US). The other finished remixes i have don't really fit what i think would be good for Sonic CD but did you want more from me?

If I don't make the cut i'm up for a collab on Tidal or Stardust (US)

Maybe something that's organic life/synthetic machine. Original/Imitation.

Might be better to finalize it after some mixes start coming together.

Oooh... I like where you're going there... something that represents a duality. I'll have to think on that one. Dualities... and time travel. Hmm.

If not, we're going with Back to the Future: A Sonic CD Tribute Project :tomatoface:

I have already begun laying down the groundwork for my track.

Awesome! I think your source fits your style perfectly. I'm excited to hear it.

Oh yeah, I should probably also mention that I can offer Mandolin, Shamisen, Ocarina and Ukulele parts as well.

Whatevs. Just lettin' you dudes know in case you wanted some ethnicity.

Damn, do you play like everything? :razz:

... going through more claims PMs tonight! Fun!

Still am seeing if doing a collab on Quartz Quadrant JP is ok with this other guy. I PMed him. I may just do a completely separate mix and you can see if it's good enough to be bonus track or something.

Yeah that might be the best idea. If you do your song like the samples you showed me, then I believe they'll be completely different takes on the theme. I know of a couple other bonus tracks that will probably end up on the album anyhow!

I'm really liking the idea of Sonic CD getting its own OCR album, it's long overdue. I don't have any musical or artistic skills to offer, but a possible title came to mind while looking over the thread: Mobius Curve. Basically it refers to Sonic's figure 8 dash that is an actual Mobius Curve, but also the name of the world Sonic is from in the earlier games/tv shows/comics is also called Mobius (granted Sonic CD takes place on the Little Planet, so that might not apply so much). The artwork could feature a close up of Sonic's figure 8 with corresponding "Past/Future" style signs on opposite points of it that say East and West instead.

Anyway, it was just a thought I wanted to share. Regardless of whether or not it's found appealing, I wish you guys luck in completing the album.

Oh, are we changing the title then? I guess i missed that post.

Someone remind me, what's the name of the planet this game takes place on? Is it the Little Planet or the Miracle Planet? I can never remember which is the official name.

If you're stretched for idea's on a title, you could always incorporate the name of the planet in to title.

i'm so in!

i'd like to remix quartz quadrant (us), the bad future theme is one of my favorites. though, the special stage (us) is great too, so i'm not 100% sure which i'd prefer.

in either case, count me in for one of the remaining american tracks! :D

Are you just planning to take whatever track is left? I personally think Quartz Quadrant would be a great fit for your style.

I have to update claims later tonight when I get home, but Arceace PMed me earlier asking for US Special Stage, which then would give Beth Quartz Quad US. So that should work out fine. I'll confirm tonight.

Also, just curious... Beth, do you actually sing lyrics too? I think I've only heard you do like "oooohs" and "aaaahhs" for lack of a better term, if you know what I mean :)

I always thought it was Little Planet.

Also, really looking forward to this Stardust Speedway JP collab if it's settled.

Yeah it's Little Planet. And yeah I'm just waiting to hear back from everyone about the collab :mrgreen:

Yup! I wrote a song about dinosaurs and I performed a song with Brandon Strader

:D

LMAO a song about dinosaurs. Priceless. Nice job by the way!

I know begoma was looking to do a slower R&B/hip-hop take on his version of "You Can Do Anything", so I'm not entirely sure if that would match up with your vocal style (at least based off those two examples). I'm not sure what else he had in mind for the female vocal part though, so I'll leave it up to him! :)

Also added Arceace and wildfire to the claims list. So the US soundtrack actually filled up before the JP/EU? :razz: Keep the project title suggestions coming too everyone!

Edited by SuperiorX