Sonic CD: Temporal Duality - History

SuperiorX

Can I get a sample of your work?
I highly endorse Jesse's (Xarnax42) work, he makes good stuff. He did the vocals in Phonetic Hero's mix in the SZRC and then Calum's bossa nova mix for the FF6 contest that was absolutely brilliant.

I'm so excited to get this started everybody!

Thanks, Matt.

I'm definitely most naturally suited to purer tones (operatic, choral, pop, whatever) I recorded this choral arrangement in my apartment a couple years ago: O Domine Jesu Christe (Palestrina)

I'm also always looking for opportunities to branch out. I tried my hand covering a rock metal song the other day. It's a lot more work and wears my voice down fairly quickly, but as long as I'm not performing live, that's not such a big issue. Here're the results so far: http://www.jessedeacon.com/music/jdvoxdemo.mp3

Original here (

)

Really, the biggest thing that's held me up from getting more recordings out there is backing tracks. I prefer not to karaoke over another song's original vocals (although I think it worked out okay on the sample above...), and I've had considerable difficulty finding tracks without them.

Edited by Xarnax42

Updated a few more claims today. We got SonicThHedgog to cover Little Planet and Mr. Brandon Strader to cover the JP Final Boss. Both are stellar additions. I'm particularly excited to hear Brandon bring the heavy on that epic boss theme.

That leaves us with just Wacky Workbench JP and the Special Stage JP music left to claim. I'd really like to get a prolific trance remixer to cover the Special Stage music and someone to bring the funk for Wacky Workbench. I have a few people I'm waiting to hear back from, so we'll see! That and hopefully the Stardust Speedway JP collab solidifies. Exciting stuff! :)

Matt, what's your stance on remixing jingles for the bonus disc? :D

Sounds a-ok to me :). I was considering mixing some in somewhere, either as bonus tracks, or perhaps little interludes in-between songs on the main discs. What did you have in mind?

Oh and I do want someone to do a rad cover/remix of the

at some point to kick off the JP disc perhaps. I think DusK might be working in a little of that into Sonic Boom (his idea), but something like that to stand alone would be nice too.

EDIT: I guess I should be more specific though... if it's just like a 15-second clip that is pretty much identical to the original, then I'm not quite sure what we'd do with it, ya know? I guess it will kind of depend on a case-by-case basis.

Edited by SuperiorX

@Wildfire:

Do you have examples of you vocal work I can check out? I went to KingTiger's page, but kept finding instrumental stuff. BTW, the female vocal part is lyrical (I don't think I specified, earlier). Thanks!

Yup! I wrote a song about dinosaurs and I performed a song with Brandon Strader

:D

Also, here's a very abstract OHC I did which shows more of my range and unedited tone: http://tindeck.com/listen/rszw

Mmmmmm can't wait to get started on that weird ass source, and to start getting WIPs to check out :D

Awesome! I know me too! I just started throwing some ideas down for my Palmtree song tonight and I hope to get serious with it tomorrow.

If anyone needs something or has any questions, feel free to just shoot me a PM. We pretty much got all the tracks lined up now, which is really exciting. I have someone in mind for the Special Stage JP music, so hopefully I'll get that filled in the next day or so. Lots of exciting stuff! :)

So our track list is pretty much solidified (just need to fill that JP Special Stage - which I'm working on getting someone), I figure we can focus on creating some awesome music now! We have roughly a month before our first tentative check-in date. Really what I'll be looking for here is seeing that you have a solid idea in place for the song. It doesn't need to be incredibly developed or anything by that point, just enough to see what you have in mind. And I'll be completely honest, I'm not going to be super-strict about these deadlines. What is more important is that people are staying in contact and don't just disappear on me. I know most of the people involved in the project well enough though, so I'm not too concerned there, I know you guys will deliver :) If for some reason you aren't able to get something to show me around the check-in date, just shoot me a PM and we can talk about it. Thanks everybody!

If anybody needs anything, just let me know. In case anyone hasn't noticed, I've added a "Collaborators" list to the first post that's listed everyone who has told me they are willing to collaborate and what they can offer. I know enough people where we can pull some more in if there is something in particular you need for your song though, just let me know.

I'd also like to hear some more suggestions for album titles too... particularly something along the lines of the time-travel theme of the game and the duality of two soundtracks. I was liking where some of the suggestions were going earlier in the thread. Keep it coming!

I'd also like to hear some more suggestions for album titles too

Something along the lines of a split timeline (think Back to the Future)... like "Divided in Time" or something.

EDIT: or maybe make it a play on grammatical tense in the English language? Like "Past Perfect/Future Progressive"

Edited by KingTiger

Something along the lines of a split timeline (think Back to the Future)... like "Divided in Time" or something.

EDIT: or maybe make it a play on grammatical tense in the English language? Like "Past Perfect/Future Progressive"

Divided in Time isn't bad at all. Divided over Time? Kind of refers to the split between the listeners over the different soundtracks as well.

When i'm in class today i'll try to think of something to play around with.

Someone remind me, what's the name of the planet this game takes place on? Is it the Little Planet or the Miracle Planet? I can never remember which is the official name.

It's called the Little Planet.

The only time it's ever been called the Miracle Planet is in "Sonic the Comic", a comicbook series in the UK.

Hmmm yeah... I do like "Divided in Time"... something along those lines may work very well :)

I thought of something like "Across Time & Space"... again going "across time" past/present/future zone stages, and "space" referring to physical space, as in the two soundtracks from the two different regions. "Divided in Time" as a little cooler ring to it. I'll need to think on this some more.

@Wildfire

Check your PM box. I just sent you a fever dream of a private message. I hope it makes sense.

EDIT:

@KingTiger

Check your PM box, too.

I'm curious as to what a "fever dream private message" looks like :razz: And I'm also really curious as to what you're doing with your song Main Finger!