Sonic CD: Temporal Duality - History

SuperiorX

Yup, I'm alive and well. I've just been really busy working on my own song and trying to get feedback out to everyone who turned in WIPs (including yourself) :smile:

I've also been trying to nail down the official album title. I think I've narrowed it done to a few options:

• Time & Space (or alternatively, Across Time & Space): it plays up both themes we were focusing on earlier. Time refers to the time travel in the game, while Space can refer to how we're covering both the JP and US soundtracks (across space).
  • Temporal Divide (or alternatively, Temporal Duality): again, it plays up both themes. Temporal refers to time, Divide can refer to a divide in time (past, present, future) and a divide, like across two different places (US & JP soundtracks). Alternatively Duality would refer to two different places/things (two different soundtracks, same game).

We could also stick with the East vs. West idea but I really don't think that reflects the theme of the album project or the game very well. What does everyone think?

Yup, I'm alive and well. I've just been really busy working on my own song and trying to get feedback out to everyone who turned in WIPs (including yourself) :smile:

I've also been trying to nail down the official album title. I think I've narrowed it done to a few options:

• Time & Space (or alternatively, Across Time & Space): it plays up both themes we were focusing on earlier. Time refers to the time travel in the game, while Space can refer to how we're covering both the JP and US soundtracks (across space).
  • Temporal Divide (or alternatively, Temporal Duality): again, it plays up both themes. Temporal refers to time, Divide can refer to a divide in time (past, present, future) and a divide, like across two different places (US & JP soundtracks). Alternatively Duality would refer to two different places/things (two different soundtracks, same game).

We could also stick with the East vs. West idea but I really don't think that reflects the theme of the album project or the game very well. What does everyone think?

My vote's for "Across Time and Space". All three are pretty good though.

My vote goes for Across Time & Space. It just has that nice epic feel to it.

I must be the only person who actually likes the idea of East vs West. :/

It would be cool to have Japanese Katakana on the JP soundtrack art.

日本語をかくことはむずかしいい。でも日本語をかくことはとってもすごいいです!

ソニクは゛とよとにしはグランド.コッラーボレシオン。”といっています。

(Please be kind for my Japanese is atrocious. :/)

日本語をかくことはむずかしいい。でも日本語をかくことはとってもすごいいです!

ソニクは゛とよとにしはグランド.コッラーボレシオン。”といっています。

(please be kind for my japanese is atrocious. :/)

そうでござる :)

日本語は何年べんきょうしていますか? 私が八年ぐらいべんきょうしていました。

まい日がんばります!

Temporal Distortions/Divide is more conflict oriented. Which means i like it. but i'm open to anything.

Edited by Garpocalypse

i vote Time & Space! :D

そうでござる :)

日本語は何年べんきょうしていますか? 私が八年ぐらいべんきょうしていました。

まい日がんばります!

高校にはいるときから日本語を勉強していました。

2007の間に日本語を勉強して始めました。

日本語を話すことは上手じゃないです。でも日本語を話すことは上手になるために毎日がんばりましょう!!

you know what the sad part of this is? All of the people using google to figure out what's being said.

Haha... yeah I did that cause I definitely can't read Japanese...

In actual project related news :-) ... I got a sweet funky WIP from metaphist today. Things are shaping up nicely so far across all the WIPs I've gotten!

Okay you Japanese speaking crazies, can one or both of you help me with something on a mix? I need help with a voice over. PM me if interested.

Back on topic... I think Japanese characters on the JP art would be fantastic. Also I vote Temporal Divide.

What is it that you're working on? I could possibly help.

Woooo, I have like a week off from work for the holiday, so my goal is to get feedback for everyone who is waiting on it. As well as make some progress on my track. I'm also looking forward to hearing some more WIPs from people that are also freeing up now :) Anyone else have any opinions on the new suggested project titles?

As i've said before, i'm cool with the East/West title that started this project off too. If anything, maybe making it East Meets West. VS to me feels like we're implying a face off. And if the recent wip's i've heard are anything to go by, this is anything but a face off and instead one hell of a celebration! :D

That being said, Temporal Duality has a very nice ring to it. Temporal Divide feels like the whole 'vs' thing again.

Just my two pence on the matter. Seriously, i'm down with whatever though. Just don't feel too bogged down by a hundred different titles and just go with the one that sticks.

Edited by DiGi Valentine

Yeah I'm really torn on the new title choice, as it seems most people who have responded are as well, since there seems to be equal support for all 3 choices. Across Time & Space or Temporal Duality/Divide are both good and a lot better than East vs. West in my opinion. My problem with East vs. West is that it makes it sound like a confrontation or a face-off (like DiGi noted) and East Meets West just gives off a 'Wild Arms' ninjas and spaghetti western vibe that just doesn't flow with the project theme (like Rexy noted).

I really like Across Time & Space, because it has a nice epic feel to it and covers both the time-travel focus of the game and the fact we're covering both soundtracks from the different locations (across space).

On the other hand, Temporal Divide/Duality does have a nice ring to it. Not sure if I like Divide or Duality more though... The definition of "duality" is "the state or quality of being two or in two parts; dichotomy". Divide does sound a little more out-right confrontational, although Duality has a very similar meaning; referencing something that has a characteristic of being two things/parts. Which defines what this album project is: a project that covers one game that has two different soundtracks. Then you have the definition of "temporal" as "of, relating to, or limited by time". Which references how the game is about time and time travel, plus in every Sonic game you're limited by time to complete the level. Combined, a Temporal Duality could be referencing how time has the characteristic of having at least two parts. In the game, your actions in the Past & Present stages effect if you create a Good or Bad Future in each zone. When I think about it that way, I think Temporal Duality might be the most fitting title.

I've clearly thought about this too much, but my logic may have just made up my own mind :)