Sonic CD: Temporal Duality - History

SuperiorX

Just cause I'm at work and I feel like being a bitch right now, if y'all could upload your WIPs to sites that can play online (tindeck, soundcloud, box.net) rather than sites that make you download to listen (mediafire, certain dropbox links), that'd keep my hard drive from exploding on my prone-to-overheating laptop.

kthx :D <3

EDIT: Also, everybody boo Matt for not being able to come to MAGFest. BOO! BOO THAT MAN! BOOOOOOOOO!!

Edited by Phonetic Hero

Just cause I'm at work and I feel like being a bitch right now, if y'all could upload your WIPs to sites that can play online (tindeck, soundcloud, box.net) rather than sites that make you download to listen (mediafire, certain dropbox links), that'd keep my hard drive from exploding on my prone-to-overheating laptop.

Just make sure you use the "private" setting for any EvW tracks you upload onto these sites, to make sure that not just anybody can hear them :P

Also, I've been using my private webserver to upload and send you links to my WiPs, is that okay or would you prefer SoundCloud/Tindeck/etc.?

Just make sure you use the "private" setting for any EvW tracks you upload onto these sites, to make sure that not just anybody can hear them :P

Also, I've been using my private webserver to upload and send you links to my WiPs, is that okay or would you prefer SoundCloud/Tindeck/etc.?

Yeah the only one you got to be particularly careful with is Soundcloud, because it needs to be marked private so others don't see it, but then only other soundcloud users can have access to private track links, which is kind of annoying. Box.com is probably the easiest to work with, in that regard.

Just continue to upload to your private server (or whatever other means people are using). I'll find an easier way for the rest of the team to listen to the WIPs if it becomes a problem. Thanks!

Just posting to say that I had a recent hard drive malfunction. Yep, I backed up but nope, my project file for this and many of my other tracks are unreadable. I doubt I'll have anything for the next deadline but I'll see what I can do. A lot going on at the moment so apologies for delays with updates.

LIAM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! That sucks man, your WIP was nice too. I guess, good thing it wasn't that far along though (unless you'd done more since you last showed me). Regardless, yeah whenever you get something is fine, don't worry about the deadline. Good luck!

I'll certainely have something for next deadline. I'm almost done with exams, so more time to make music! :)

Nice! Can't wait to hear it! :)

So yeah I've decided on Temporal Duality for the project name, given my long exposition a few posts back about how it is the most fitting title given our project theme, scope, and the game tie-ins, yadda yadda. I've made some new banners too, yay:

97uvyg.png

qrlz05.png

So yeah everyone use these banners now and ditch the old East vs. West ones :-P

Also, I'd love to find a talented artist(s) who might be interested in doing album art for the project and website (now that the name is settled). I can make decent sigs and banners, but that's about the extent of my abilities. I'd love to have some really high quality artwork (just take a look at other recent OCR albums to get an idea of quality) that would show off the themes of the project. Off the top of my head I'm thinking some art that somehow visualizes time travel, like maybe some lens flares (like in my banners), warpy light thingys or maybe the Past & Future sign posts (like in the game). Something that shows different zones being fused together (like in the banner), which would build on the "duality" theme. That's just a few ideas. I'm open to suggestions. If you, or anyone you know is qualified and interested, let me know! Thanks!

Edited by SuperiorX

There are plenty of great SEGA fan artists out there. Want me to go head hunting for you and come back with a short list of possible people to contact?

Yeah DiGi, that'd be great! You're definitely more connected with the greater SEGA fan community than I am, so if you know some people who are good and would be interested, send em my way! And just to be clear, I can't commission anyone to do artwork, so just like our remixes, it's all non-profit fan work. They'll of course be credited on the album though. Thanks!

GREAT news everyone! Our project has been approved for official OCR status!! :) We now have a private forum setup in the Projects subfolder. Any project staff and remixers involved in the project have access to this forum. We can use this to post our WIPs and provide feedback, which will be insanely easier than our current methods...

So I need all remixers on this project (i.e., if your name is in the first post of this thread) to go to the private forum and post in the thread titled "Permissions Test" so I can make sure your access has been setup properly. If you can't access the forum, please let me know. Thanks!!

Dangit how did you weasel me onto another OCR album, at least when this was unofficial there was still the chance I could not do anything and it wouldn't matter but NOW, it's like I have to make the song because it's a real album :cry:

Now the pressure's on!

And a side-note to SuperiorX: I promise I'll start my track soon! There's so many things that need my attention, so please be patient. I promise I'll bring the awesome eventually.