Sonic CD: Temporal Duality - History

SuperiorX

Matt, do you think you could embed the YouTube video in the OP? I don't know if vBulletin is set up to support it...

Hmm, I don't know, I've never seen that done on the forums before, so I'd guess not. I'll mess around with it later.

Any room for Jive? I'm also interested, now that I'm in between projects. Happy to collab, or do an alternative track. I'm good for it.

-Joel

Whoa, blast from the past! I got your PM, I'll reply tonight with some details, ok? Thanks!

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the preview! :-)

Hmm, I don't know, I've never seen that done on the forums before, so I'd guess not. I'll mess around with it later.

Should be able to in Version 6, which djp is working tirelessly to finish, possibly and hopefully (at least I hope) in conjunction with ff6. I think that would be pretty epic. But at the moment no, no youtube embeds. :cry:

It looks like we might have enough bonus tracks to make a separate disc after all...!

We'll see... we don't have that many, and I don't really intend to add a lot more. As it is now I've just been adding people that truly have a unique idea for a remix that will add diversity to the project. Plus I really think I'd rather keep the tracks organized onto their respective discs, so that 3rd disc doesn't just feel tacked on. Everything is working out well though!

I personally wouldn't bother too much with bonus tracks, since they are counted in the eval towards whether or not the album will pass. If you're gonna include them, just make them part of the album (since essentially they are part of the album anyway!) No reason to call them bonus tracks. :-D

Yeah exactly. They aren't bonus tracks, if anything 'alternate' is more appropriate, but even that makes them sound like they somehow aren't equal to the rest of the album, which isn't the intent. They are just more mixes with unique ideas that'll be on the album! :-)

Lol I keep getting that response a lot since my return to the forums. ;)

You're, like, the original Sonic guy, as far as I'm concerned. Having you contribute is pretty special. All your stuff was an inspiration to me when I first started.

include the master of jives and this project's awesomeness will increase approximately 250%.

I had similar reaction to Malcos being on the Gunstar Heroes project.

You're, like, the original Sonic guy, as far as I'm concerned. Having you contribute is pretty special. All your stuff was an inspiration to me when I first started.

I had similar reaction to Malcos being on the Gunstar Heroes project.

Thanks a bunch Metaphist! I like to think my earlier remixes inspired people because they knew they could do better. ;)

I'm excited about this project, Sonic CD is my favourite Sonic game of all time.

• 2 weeks later...
Holy hell, the amount of philistinism in the comments of that post on Sonic Stadium makes me come so close to just giving up on the Sonic fandom.

They were all just angry at the vocal stuff.

Most of the actual critism on the tracks was either neutral or well-received, from what I saw.

Though I really hardly heard anything about my track... lol

I bet everyone just wants to hear Jun Senoue and Crush 40 instead. :P

Holy hell, the amount of philistinism in the comments of that post on Sonic Stadium makes me come so close to just giving up on the Sonic fandom.

Yeah they definitely seem like a hard bunch to please, and I was taken aback by quite a few of the comments on that website. But ultimately I know we can't please everyone and there are always going to be haters in any aspect of life no matter what you do, so I'm not letting it bother me. The vast majority of comments I've read across the internet are very positive, and I know and we know, that we're making a kick-ass album that we should all be very proud of.

I did, however, really enjoy that one guy, who so aptly replied to the other comments "what the f@$k is wrong with you guys?" :-)

They were all just angry at the vocal stuff. Most of the actual critism on the tracks was either neutral or well-received, from what I saw.

Haters are always going to hate on vocal remixes no matter what. Plus it's really hard to tell the quality of a vocal remix by only listening to a 25 second clip. The vocal remixes we have on this album are honestly some of the best I've heard. Fine, it's one thing if you just don't like vocal mixes, but you have to at least acknowledge that it sounds well made.

And yeah, for some people, anything that gets in the way of the "nostalgia" of the original source just doesn't sit well. There is a difference between just making a cover and making a remix/re-arrangement. OCR makes remixes/re-arrangements. It's not, nor will it ever be, for everyone.

Edited by SuperiorX

They were all just angry at the vocal stuff.

Most of the actual critism on the tracks was either neutral or well-received, from what I saw.

Though I really hardly heard anything about my track... lol

I wonder how many of those toolbags bitched about something stupid like Sonic being the "wrong shade of blue" when Sonic 4 came out. Freakin' try-hard purists everywhere, man.

I definitely agree with SupX here on his statement about how they all want to just feel nostalgic.

That was never the point of a remix.

I don't feel nostalgic when I listen to a remix of Michael Jackson. If I want nostalgia by listening to Michael Jackson, I listen to freaking Michael Jackson, not a remix by Skrillex or something (I don't think it exists but you get the picture). In the same way, if they want that nostalgic feeling, go play the freaking game and listen to the originals. It's not our job to try and remix something to make you feel all like "oh nostalgia". That's practically impossible when you make a REMIX or REARRANGEMENT anyway. That's never the point.

So seriously, they need to stop arguing about that and find something valid to whine about.

I have to say I'm somewhat suprised at how much negativity there was in those comments at Sonic Stadium but hey ho.....who really gives a crap?! :) Not everyone is gonna like what you put out but going by the Youtube comments there seem to be a lot that will love the album. I have to say I'm loving each of the vocal mixes and this will be a real treat when it hits.

They just simply don't get it bra'. There ain't no midi rips here!!!