Sonic CD: Temporal Duality - History

SuperiorX

"Crossing Time Zones" just an idea. Like, play on words of time zones, because Sonic levels are usually called zones. Then, there's the time thing.

I don't know, just throwing an idea out.

I personally think "Time Zones" is a great idea, because:

1. The game had different "Zones"

2. The game has different times

3. The two soundtracks were in different parts of the world, which are in different time zones.

I personally think "Time Zones" is a great idea, because:

1. The game had different "Zones"

2. The game has different times

3. The two soundtracks were in different parts of the world, which are in different time zones.

I really... don't think... it's a good idea. at all. sorry.

First there is nothing that cuts, or grabs attention. Time Zones lacks everything it needs to stand out as a title and comes off as redundant when trying to explain it. Not a bad idea but not there's enough to it. Usually when people discuss Time Zones, it's an obstacle.

Divided over Time/Divided in Time is what i'm leaning towards but i'll get some of my own suggs up in a bit. You can tell I spend way too much time thinking about these things than a normal productive member of society should be...

I spent a solid 20 minutes trying to come up with a title for this one before submitting it to DoD.

EDIT: Here is a brainstorm I pulled off of my phone, Most of them suck but if you see something you want to use or run with then go ahead. I'll add to it as i think of 'em.

Time/Rivalry Themed:

Clash of Time

Clash of/over Time and Tranquility

Contest of Time

Duel of an Era

Duel over time

Blue themed:

The two Blue Time Travelers

Back to back blue

Shades of Blue (probably not this one, apparently it's close to some book)

Two Oceans of Time

Oceans of Time

Duel of the Sea colored hedgehogs

Sparkles in the Sea of Time

Blue Blue Skyyyyy Blue Blue Sky i see!

It's either a concise representation of the duality of man, or it's two hedghogs kicking the crap out of each other.

Synthetic Themed:

Soul of a Machine

Soul of a machine mind of a hedgehog

Sparkles in a Sea of Machinery

Sparkles in a Machine Sea

Purity Assimilated

Blue Assimilated/tion

Imitation Themed:

Echoes over Time

Echoes in an Ocean

Echoes of a Synthetic Sea

Edited by Garpocalypse

Is there going to be a notice when the first round of wips are due?

Yep yep. All of that info is in the first post. The first tentative check-in date is December 1st, where I'll mainly be looking for a basic outline of your song. It doesn't need to be incredibly developed, but enough for me to get an idea of what you want to do with the song.

I'm pretty flexible though too, so if anyone can't meet the deadlines then I encourage you to PM me so we can discuss it. Thanks!

Oh then maybe I need to send you a little somethin' soon if it's December 1st... I'm still on for that other possible choice of Quartz JP even though I'm not really in the claimed track list? :D

Pete is absolutely correct - and as I had said just a few posts ago - Dec 1st is just the initial check-in date. At that time I'm just looking for basic outline of your song. It doesn't need to be incredibly developed, but enough for me to get an idea of what you want to do with the mix. All of that info is also in the first-post, so everyone please read that first.

EDIT: :shock: where did Pete's post just go??

December 1st. I'll be there. This is jumping the gun but could there be an exclusive WIP listening party so we get a feel for the general direction of the album at some point?

At some point, yes. Probably won't be until later in the project though (definitely not the first check-in date) until things have had time to develop further. Ideally too, if/when we get private forums setup, I'd like to have the WIPs up there for the other mixers to listen to and provide feedback as well. We'll see.

At some point, yes. Probably won't be until later in the project though (definitely not the first check-in date) until things have had time to develop further. Ideally too, if/when we get private forums setup, I'd like to have the WIPs up there for the other mixers to listen to and provide feedback as well. We'll see.

You should ask KyleJCrb for private forums. :wink:

Yeah I had thought about that, but Will also told me that if the project gets OCR official, we can get our own private forums here, which would probably just be easier overall for everyone.

Yeah, of course. If you need some for early development (before getting the official status), this is the place!

On another note, I need to start working on that funky theme. I promise you it's going to be crazy.