Metroid - Title screen rock remix

huile_smith

Hi everyone.

Here is my rock arrangement of the Metroid title screen:

http://soundcloud.com/huile_smith/metroid-title-screen-rock-remix

, then i recently heard about OCRemix. So I decided to improve it and share it with the OCRemix community.

So let me know what you think about it!

(ps: sorry for my english, I do my best :oops: )

Welcome to OCReMix!

This was pretty nice, but I've several similar sounding versions of this before

Really? I just checked the versions on OCRemix before posting, but i guess there's a lot of similar rock cover already made...

For the main drums, that's EZ Drummer, for the intro and outro, some samples i hade with Live or found on the internet.

Thanks for your comment

There might be similar versions made elsewhere, but this is still a very good remix. Being similar isn't bad as long as the original is good and there is no plagiarism .

I'm going to assume this song wasn't performed live, because if it was not, the sample quality and production is exceptional. Many first-time remixers post remixes that have decent melodies but could use improvement because the instruments are muddy and all sound the same. In this remix, the guitars sound real, and there is a great bassline. These guitars are hard-hitting; when I play them on my 9.1 stereo system, the subwoofer rattles. That "impact-factor" is missed by many remixers, especially those who do not listen to their music on good systems or even on speakers at all.

I think you should submit this one to the panel, as it is certainly on a level good enough to have a chance at selection. However, if what other commentators said is true, it may be possible your mix isn't different enough from the original for it to be selected. Regardless of what you do at OCR, please contribute this mix to Game Remixes as it is certainly is a top-tier work.

Good luck on your next mix!